Chapter Two

I woke up annoyed realizing I owe a thousand dollars to my damn friends. And now that I think about it, it's a lot of money! But I still can't kiss Shawn.

"Hey Cameron? Have you seen my blue notebook?" He asks me.

"Um..." I search everywhere in our dorm and I finally found it under our cabinet. "Found it!" I hand it to him.

"I wonder how it got there?" He said laughing. I smiled and just stared at him.

"Don't know." I just stood there looking at him.

"Okay well I got to get to class before the professor lectures me. And just to let you know I'll be gone for today."

"Oh okay. Have a good one then."

"Thanks. Well see ya." We bumped fists. And he walks out.

I lay in bed for twenty minutes and since I have no classes for today I have nothing to do except go to the damn bank. I get up and grab my keys and wallet and just headed out to find a bank. Also I don't need to get dressed to go to a bank or ATM.

I drove out of the campus and started thinking about the dare. Can't believe I'm giving up a thousand dollars just to not kiss Shawn.

My thoughts disappeared as I reached the bank. The ATM doesn't work so now I have to walk in.

"Hello sir, how may I help you today?" The lady asked nicely.

"Well I um need to withdraw a thousand dollars out of my bank account." I say scratching my neck. She chuckles and shakes her head.

"Lost a bet or something?" I blushed in embarrassment.

"Yeah something like that." She nods.

"Name?"

"Cameron Dallas."

I give her my information and all that as she types in the computer. I think about the situation. It's a lot of money I'm taking out. How will that affect me? Is it really that worth it? I mean kissing Shawn? And giving up a thousand dollars? What the hell was I thinking? But what would happen? Will it even happen?

"What's it about?" I look up and she smiles. "Sorry this might take a while for verification since it's a large amount." I nodded.

"Well I was dared to kiss my roommate." She looked at me with a "really" look. "He's a guy and I like him. But the thing is he probably doesn't feel the same way." Then she looks at me with wide eyes.

"Ohh. And that might be weird since you have to spend, the college semester with him?" I nodded.

"Then why don't you tell him it's a dare and trick the person who dared you." I think about it. "I mean it's weird if you make it weird. If he doesn't like the idea, well you're screwed if he's a homophobe." That sounded very simple. Too simple that it's a good idea.

Actually Shawn is a loving guy. And he might actually agree to it. So maybe when he comes back I'll tell him. Now I completely thought about it. A thousand dollars is something I can not give up! I'd rather kiss Shawn it's a win for me anyways.

"I'm so sorry but I don't need to withdraw the money anymore." I say embarrassed. She just laughed.

"Don't worry I didn't do it. The look on your face worried me. You seemed so unsure." I face palmed. Was I really that obvious?

"Thank you so much!" I say smiling.

"You're welcome. Have a nice day!" I smiled.

"You too!"

I drive back and didn't even realize I had a huge weight on my shoulders until it was lifted.

Kissing Shawn. I feel excitement. I can tell Shawn it's a dare and it is but it's something I would like to do.

I went back to the dorm. To find it empty. Well not literally. Empty as in I'm all alone. But I do see Shawn's backpack. I must've missed him when he came.

I sit on the bed and the silence is killing me already. I look over at Shawn's side and his stuff is still put in place. I start to get a little curious and I got up and went on his bed. His bed feels so comfortable. And it smells like... Him.

I grab a random book and look through it. I read it but it seems weird. Is this a poem? I thought they were poems. But after more reading... It's a songbook. Shawn can songwrite? But that means he can sing. I smiled really wide. I wonder how he sounds when he sings.

After going through a couple more of his notebooks I smiled wider and wider. If it's even possible. Then I realized that I'm invading his privacy. Well not really because invading his privacy would be looking under his mattress or under his bed or in his locked cabinet. But I'm better than that.

I grab one more notebook of his until I hear the door knock. I immediately got up and put his notebooks away in order and ran onto my bed and saw Shawn come in.

"Hey Shawn, I thought you left?" I say normally. He just shakes his head, not speaking. "Something happened?"  He sighs.

"Nope." He lays on his bed and turns his face towards the wall. "Nothing." Somethings bothering him. I frown.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked kindly.

"No."

"Well I guess it's a bad time to ask you about something but okay." I say quietly. Mostly to myself but I guess he heard it.

"Ask me what?" He sits up to look at me.

"Nothing." I say quickly. He looks at me with disbelief.

"Look sorry I was being harsh but you can tell me." He says. Then he rose his eye brows. "Is it a new dare?" I nodded. "Well what do you want to tell me if it's your business-"

"I was dared to kiss you." I say immediately.