Chapter Four

"Cameron what the hell was yesterday about?" Two of my friends, Nick and Dave, asked as I was walking into my class course.

"What do you mean?" I say acting like I don't know.

"You know what." Nick said. I turned to him. With an almost glare.

"What? I did the dare." I say.

"It's not about that. It's the way you kissed him." I set my notebooks down and actually I don't remember how I kissed him. I only remember how good it felt.

"It's like as if you liked it." Dave said. "It's the way you caressed his face and went down and held his waist as he did the same." Blood rushed to my cheeks and I know I'm blushing really hard.

"I don't know." I said sighing. "I just did it. And I don't even know what I did." 

"But how did it feel?" Nina says behind me. I froze not wanting to tell them and thank god I didn't have to.

"Okay students please take your seats. We will leave off on where we were Tuesday."

During the lecture I kept thinking about yesterday night.

"So how do you want me to dress?" Shawn asks looking through his small closet.

"Just casual." I say. We both laid our outfits on the bed.

"I call first shower!" Shawn yells and runs into the bathroom before I even had a chance to process what he said.

"You better be quick! I don't need a cold shower!" I say yelling but smiling.

I get a text from one of my friends asking where I am at. But I don't reply back. And another one asking what the hell was I doing.

I put my phone on vibrate and waited for Shawn to get out of the shower. I look over to his side of the room and I see the notebook I haven't gotten the chance to even open. The water is still running and I quietly walk to his bed and I can feel the comfort and smell his scent. Why the hell is my bed not like this?

I open the notebook and it's just filled with papers. I unfold one and it's just a guitar coupon. As I was unfolding some, one caught my attention. It was a letter with a big "X" on it.

"Dear Shawn Mendes we heard about your skills and talent with guitar play and singing and we would like to come and visit you this Wednesday."

That was today. I keep on reading and I smile. But became confused. Why was Shawn upset when he came in? I mean I don't know about his singing but his guitar playing is amazing.

The water stops running and I immediately put his notebook with the papers away and go over to my bed. After a minute he opens the door and smiles.

"Water is still hot." He says. But I don't pay attention. Instead I focus on the water dripping off his body. I mean I saw his upper body at the beach but this is different it makes me, excited. Or should I say my friend down there.

"O-oh okay. It better be!" I say trying to recover. He shakes his head and I grab my towel and hide my excited friend and go into the bathroom. After I took off my boxers I am rock hard. I never was like this when I saw a hot girl.

I step into the shower and take a cold shower because if I try to fix my problem, well let's say I learned that the hard way when I did it when I was eighteen and not home alone.

After showering I cover my bottom half and went out to see Shawn writing on one of his notebooks.

"What are you writing?" I asked as I grabbed my boxers.

"Whatever my mind throws out." He says. He turns away, eyes closed.

"Thanks." I drop my towel and quickly put on my boxers. Mostly because I'm still a little bit hard. "So whatever your mind throws out? Like what?" I asked.

I put on some jeans and he looks back at his notebook and sighs.

"I don't know. Words, phrases, stuff like that."

"Lyrics?" He turns to me with a chuckle.

"Actually yeah." After I finished dressing I sit on my bed and look at him frowning.

"Why were you upset when you came in? When you were supposedly leaving?" I asked a second time since the first time he was a bit irritated.

"Well..." He sits up and sighs. "This record company came to see me. You probably already guessed but I can sing too. So they thought I could be the next big thing. But as I was performing I was getting a headache and I messed up my guitar playing. They told me to stop and they left. I was so upset because if I made it I would've been going to L.A." Oh wow. And those dickheads couldn't have given him another chance?

"It's okay Shawn. You're still amazing. Best singer and guitar player I know!" He chuckles.

"Thanks Cameron." I got up and patted his shoulder.

"Come on let's go. I'm starving!"

We went to eat a good restaurant and let me tell you, Shawn has a big appetite. But it's funny though. And weird the fact I'm looking at him eating while I'm smiling.

"What?" He says blushing.

"Just watching you eat makes me full." I say jokingly. But he slows down and wipes his mouth. I laugh.

"I hate you Cameron. Stop looking at me and eat your damn food." He says trying not to smile.

"Geez I'm sorry."

The whole night we just chatted about a lot of things we both missed out on. Even though me and Shawn are roommates we don't really hang out or chat a lot because I'm always with my friends and he's always playing his guitar focusing and writing.

But this is a good change. Shawn is a better guy than I thought. He's so funny, smart, energetic, positive, I guess charming, and just- just, he is just Shawn! How can you not like him?

And that's when I realized I might have feelings for him. More than just a feeling for a crush.

I drove us back to campus and we both laid on the bed stuffed.

"Thanks Cameron. I really appreciate it. Seriously. I owe you." I smile.

"You're welcome and you don't owe me. I invited you." I say.

"Well goodnight. And thanks for a great day. Took a lot of the stress and weight off me." I chuckled and nodded.

"That's great. Just expect more." He laughs.

"Okay."

"Goodnight to you too." I say.

"Yo Cameron class is over." Nick says. I look at the clock and he's right. Wow I must've dozed off remembering last night.

"Oh yeah." I get up with the other students and my friends walked beside me.

"So are you going to tell us what happened?" Nina asked. I smiled.

"Nope." I say confidently. "See ya guys later. I have one more class to do."

I walk away from them and I see Shawn pass by.

"Hey Shawn!" I yell smiling waving my hand. He smiles and waves back.

"Hey Cameron!"

Thankfully I have only two classes today. So I can see him sooner.