Chapter Five

After I finished my last class let's say I quickly walked my way to my dorm. Once I got there Shawn was sitting on his bed playing with his guitar. I put down my backpack and jumped into bed.

"Hey Shawn." I say smiling. He smiles back.

"Hey. How was your classes?"

"Just the usual. You know." He chuckles. 

"I guess I do."

"Yeah, but anyways, what are you doing?" I asked. He sets down his guitar and shrugs.

"Just strumming strings. I guess." I frowned a little.

"Why do you always stay in your dorm? Do you at least walk out and explore the campus?" He shakes his head no.

"Don't really have friends."

"I'm your friend." He chuckles.

"You have better friends." Ouch. That actually hurts. I got up and grabbed my keys.

"Get up we are going to hang out then." He suppresses a smile.

"I'm good here though." I smirked.

"I dare you." He looks at me and chuckles.

"Fine, Mr. Daredevil." He got up and we both walked out of campus.

I'm taking Shawn somewhere I know will make him hate me. Well hopefully he doesn't hate me.

We got into my car and I enter the directions to a house.

"Where are we going?" Shawn asked curiously.

"To a house." I say vaguely.

"Oh. Um okay."

After several minutes I can see the house. And the party has started.

"Cameron please tell me you're not taking me to that party I see over there." Shawn says turning to me. I turn back at him and smile wide. "Cameron no! I don't want to go there."

"Oh come on! Loosen up." I say to him. The worried look on his face makes me want to laugh because he looks so adorable and innocent.

"Cameron I don't know about this. I have never actually been to a house party before. Only birthdays and family based kinds."

We parked in front of the house and I can hear Shawn's heavy breathing.

"Shawn it'll be fine. I'll stay by your side and you'll stay by mine. It'll be fun." I say unbuckling the seat belt.

"O-okay. It better be fun."

We both got out of my car and walk towards the party. With Shawn by my side I feel more confident and excited than usual.

"Hey CAMERON!" I hear one of my friends and I see my friends coming towards me. I'm not surprised but now I'm irritated that they're here.

"You must be Shawn." Nina said to Shawn.

"Yup. That's me." He said shyly. I smiled.

"You want a drink?" A friend, Lucas, said.

"Water?" They all laughed and Shawn looked down and I got angry.

"Why the fuck are y'all laughing?" I said. I grabbed Shawn's shoulder gently. "Come on Shawn."

"Dude it was funny. Water? At a college party?"