One Year Later

Zen POV

   This morning I retrieve a strange note from one of the guards from the night rotation. It was supposedly on another arrow. Nobody was hurt but, it had hit one of the main doors inside of the castle wall. 

                  "You still have the Night-crawler... I don't know how many times I should ask for him but, I'm thinking this was to many times. So now I'm sending you a big warning message later I hope you enjoy it sending sparks flying." - Mystic

I could not figure out what the last couple words meant at all sending sparks flying? that could be a lot of things. So today ill be trying to figure out what that message means and preparing for tomorrow. 

Claire POV

   Tomorrow it will be a year since my brother asked Shirayuki to marry him. Today is the last day for final preparations. Everyone has there roles and are preparing for the great day everyone has been waiting for. Shirayuki had asked me to be her Maid of Honor and I accepted. So for the last couple months I have helped her with everything she may need for the wedding. Today I'm wrapping up the last details needed. The dress is hidden where no one but myself , Kiki and Shirayuki can find it. Today I'm baking the cake, checking the outfits for tomorrow and arranging the flowers. My brother asked me to bake the cake I was so surprised but, I was happy.
Right now I'm working on the cake. The cake most people will feel is tricky because we have to have a compromise. However, I know what there both like. They told me home they wanted the cake. But, I think my way will be better. The cake is a three tier cake. Bottom layer is vanilla cake with lemon frosting. Then the middle is a chocolate cake with cream frosting. The top tier just came out of the oven. It's half vanilla and half chocolate. Then the whole cake will be covered in a frosting that's rich but not to rich. Both like a lot of frosting which is good because this cake will be very decorative when I'm done.
    I just finished making batches of the frosting. I turn my back for a moment and when I turn around Obi is there. Obi has the spoon I was going to use to try the frosting.

"Wow Claire this is pretty great what is it?" Obi ask.

"Ah Obi don't eat all of that it's for the cake it took a long time to get it perfect." Claire says.

"Aw but, it's so good ... but, if it's really that important I'll stop eating it" Obi said.

After I have the cream back I get right back to work and start putting it on the cake. Obi is just watching me probably hoping to steal more of the frosting when I'm not looking. So I'm keeping an eye on him. I have finished coating the first tier now on to the second tier.  As I'm putting the frosting on Zen walks in to the kitchen. Just by Obi's statement I know Zen is thinking about tasting the cake.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Master. You might upset her if you try to steal a bite." Obi said.

"If you value your future wife being happy tomorrow for the wedding I suggest you listen to Obi." Claire said.

I continue frosting now Zen and Obi both watching me. I decide to just ignore them and continue my work. Who knew frosting a cake would take so much time.  It's about 4pm now and the cake looks beautiful. I kept it to a simple design that suits the two of them.

 I kept it to a simple design that suits the two of them