Bofur x (Dwarf) Reader

Readers P.O.V

Whistling a tune I'd heard when I was young, I placed the freshly baked loaves of bread in the shops windows, taking yesterday's batch out and placing them in a wicker basket to take to those that are yet to rebuild their lives after Laketown was burnt to a crisp.

I placed the basket behind to counter as the bell went, signaling someone had just entered the shop. Looking up, I smiled at the dwarf who had just walked in.

"Bombur, what a pleasant surprise."

The fat dwarf smiled back at me, walking over to the bread stand and taking a large loaf off of it. As he placed the bread on the counter, along with his gold coins, he spoke.

"Miss (Y/N), I heard you sing. Would you be willing to sing at the grand opening of Erebor?"

My eyes went wide, this was an honour, one I couldn't turn down. You see I'd wanted to be a singer when I was little but when my parents died I had to take over the bakery as I had no other siblings. Smiling wider I accept Bombur's invitation. The dwarf left my store with a slight spring in his step and a warm loaf of bread in his arms.

~*~

Brushing the dust off my skirting, I walked into the grand hall, making my way over to Bombur. He wasn't that hard to spot.

"Master Bombur."

I had to raise my voice a little for him to hear me over the dwarven band that were playing at the moment. Weaving through the dancing crowd, I made it to Bombur, smiling widely.

"Ah miss (Y/N) I'm glad you made it."

He gestured to the dwarf stood next to him. He was a little shorter than Bombur with a funny little hat but that's not what drew me to him. He had a very kind eyes and a kind yet mischievous smile.

"This is my brother Bofur, he will be performing up on the stage with you "

I smiled at Bofur, blushing a little. He took my hand in his and brought his lips to it, kissing the back lightly. Unexpectedly my name was called. I stood there frozen from stage fright before Bofur started to lead me up to the platform, holding my hand the whole time.

Taking a deep breath, I let go of Bofur's hand, walking to the front of the stage. Bombur sent me a reassuring smile from the crowd as Bofur picked up his read pipe. I closed my eyes and started to sing.

"Oh misty eye of the mountain below."

Heads turned to look at me as I carried on singing.

"Keep careful watch of my brothers souls,

And should the sky be filled with fire and smoke,

Keep watching over Durin's sons."

A dwarf from the band then started to play a guitar. Bofur smiled as he began to play his reeds, looking at me with admiration in his eyes.

~*~

Bofur's P.O.V

I watched as (Y/N) kept singing, her voice sweet and beautiful, just like her.

"If this is to end in fire, then we shall all burn together."

I started to tune out the lyrics she was actually singing and just focused on watching her. She was very attractive, her (h/c) hair caught the light just right and her (e/c) orbs glittered with happiness and pride. She truly was beautiful in many ways.

~*~

Reader's P.O.V

"And I see fire burn auburn on the mountain side."

I drew a large breath as I finished singing, smiling out at the applauding crowd. I turned to look at Bofur only to see him beaming at me. Smiling back, I felt my cheeks get warm and knew immediately I was blushing.

For the rest of the evening I was smiling and laughing with the three brothers, Bifur having joined us after my little performance. Soon enough it was time for us to part ways. I sighed unhappily, I didn't want to leave them, especially not Bofur, I grown fond of him and his funny ways.

"Say (Y/N), do you think I could walk you home?"

Shocked I looked up at who spoke only to see Bofur stood there.

"Err, sure Bofur. That would be nice."

I linked my arm with Bofur's, him leading me out of the main doors if Erebor and down the mountain path into Dale.

"They are beautiful aren't they?"

Bofur looked at me with a perplexed look on his face.

"The stars, they are beautiful."

Bofur nods, muttering something under his breath.

"What was that?"

We stopped outside my door, I was still waiting on an answer.

"It doesn't matter (Y/N)"

"It does matter I want to know what you said."

I open my eyes wide, pulling my best puppy dog eyes. He quickly looked away from me. I sighed then had a great idea. I stole his hat right off his head.

"Hey! (Y/N) give it back!"

I smirked.

"Not till you tell me what you said."

Bofur's shoulders slumped in defeat.

"Fine, I said that they weren't as beautiful as you."

He looked down at his hands, wringing his hands together.

"You see, I know I've only just met you but I think you are by far the most beautiful woman I have ever met. And... and I-"

I cut him off by placing his hat upon my head and throwing my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"No one's ever said anything like that to me. I've found you very attractive too since I met you too."

A huge grin spread across Bofur's face.

"You look beautiful in my hat, maybe you should wear it more often."

I smiled back at him, placing a small kiss on his cheek. Bofur's cheeks heated up and I laughed lightly, only to have it cut off with his lips against mine. My eyes closed as I kissed him back, the kiss becoming deeper.

When we pulled away Bofur smiled down at me.

"(Y/N) would do me the honour of allowing me to court you?"

"Yes Bofur."

~*~

I looked down at my trembling hands. Taking a deep breath, I walked out and down the aisle, all my worries disappearing as I spotted Bofur stood at the end. He was dressed in a smart dwarven suit, still with his silly little hat on, a hat I had grown to love. I smiled widely at him as I stood opposite him getting ready to say our vows.

My eyes started to tear as my boyfriend of 4 years was getting ready to become my husband and me his wife.

"I do."

I smile and basically launch myself at him, our lips meeting in a passionate kiss. As we pull away, he keeps his hands on my hips and looks into my (e/c) eyes.

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too Bofur."

(1160 words)