Ori x (Hobbit) Reader

A/N:  A request for  bettythedwarfqueen. Sorry it's so late for all of you but I hope you all still enjoy.

Reader's P.O.V

I smiled from the doorway, looking at my husband who was sat on the edge of the fountain, his sketch book out and his pencil on the paper, drawing our little girl, who was giggling and trying to braid her own hair. I couldn't be happier and I was forever grateful for that day Gandalf called on Bilbo and I's humble little hobbit hole.

~*~
*Years earlier*

Sitting on the bench at the edge of the garden, I looked over Hobbiton, my pencil scratching away on my paper. I had probably drawn this landscape a thousand time but it never got less beautiful. Looking down at my paper again, I added some more detail before a shadow passed over me, blocking the sun. I looked up and my eyes met with the wise old ones of a wizard. Slightly taken aback by a wizard in Hobbiton, I closed my notebook and bid him good morning, every other word unable to leave my lips.

"What do you mean good morning? Do you mean to wish me a good morning or do you mean it is a good morning whether I want it or not?"

My mouth gaped slightly open in confusion. "Both of them, I suppose."

I sent him a smile, turning my head to the side when I hear the unmistakeable pitter patter of my brothers feet skidding to a stop. He obviously noticed the wizard in front of him too.

"Err can we help you?"

"That remains to be seen. I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure."

At the thought of an adventure my eyes widened and my face brightened. Shoving past Bilbo I smiled up at the old wizard. "(Y/N) Baggins at your service!"

~*~

I glared at the back of my brothers head from my position on the back of his pony. Why I couldn't ride my own pony was beyond me. I was the same age as Bilbo and had been the one to sign up for this adventure in the first place. Me not him. The anger cast on my face was obviously noticeable as someone took one glance at me and then called for a break.

Sliding gracefully off the pony, I stormed away from Bilbo and the company, stopping instead by a shaded willow tree. With each step I took away from Bilbo I could feel the anger lifting off my shoulders. Sighing loudly, I let my body sink to the ground by the willow tree, the gentle swaying of the branches calming me as I watched them. As they moved a thought occurred to me. I'd never drawn a willow tree before. Smiling widely, I reached into my satchel and pulled out my new sketchbook and pencil.

Time flew by as my hand moved across the paper drawing each leaf with an insane amount of detail. I was about to finish the last leaf when a voice from beside me spoke. Startled by the sudden words which were spoken so close to me, my body jerked, my pencil running across the paper marring my beautiful drawing with a thick dark mark.

My eyes widened as I looked down at the page. Anger filled me once again but I knew it wasn't the person's fault. Turning my head to look at him, I tried my very hardest to soften my glare, even daring to send him a smile, although I'm pretty sure it looked more menacing than my glare from the look of shock on his face.

"Erm... Sorry."

Raising an eyebrow, I violently gestured to my ruined work. His eyes travelled down to the page and his mouth gaped open.

"Oh... Sorry I didn't realise."

Slamming my book shut, I stood up quickly, anger bubbling inside me. Almost as suddenly as I stood, my vision became blurry and my legs felt like jelly. Blinking rapidly to clear my vision, I found myself unable to keep my balance, my body tilting dangerously to the right as I tried to rectify it. Powerless in my movements, I saw the world moving in slow motion as my body headed towards the floor, only to never meet it.

Tilting my head up, my (e/c) eyes met the wide brown eyes of the dwarf who was just speaking to me, his arms wrapped around my waist keeping me upright. Well this was embarrassing​.

~*~

After that embarrassing event I actually became quite close to the shy dwarf, him being the one to calm me down when my brother almost demands me to get back on the pony. The anger at my brother was too extreme for me to ride with him so instead I opted for riding with Ori.

Over the next few days as we journeyed on, I rode with Ori my arms loosely wrapped around his waist to help me stay on the pony, only letting go to draw something I saw on the landscape. Occasionally, I noticed my brother sending glares at me as I laughed at something the young dwarf had said. He was great company and nothing Bilbo could do would change the fact that I wanted to spend all my time with him...

~*~

*Back to the present*

A smile ghosted my lips as the memory faded away, the view of my daughter now running up to her father and looking over his shoulder as he added the last markings to his drawing. Tucking a loose braid behind my ear, I made my way over to my husband, taking the finished drawing out of his hands and flicking through the book until I landed on the first page.

There staring up at me was the willow tree I had drawn the first day of the quest, the large dark mark still strong against the white paper. A large hand gently covered mine and closed the book, causing me to look up into the loving brown eyes of the dwarf I loved.

"I kept it because it reminded me of the first time I met you... Sorry."

My smile grew and I let out a small laugh, pecking his cheek and snuggling against him, the book now forgotten on the marble beside him as our daughter hopped into his lap and joined in with the cuddle.

"It's perfectly alright Ori, I love you."

With those words, a smile grew on Ori's face, his lips placing  a kiss to my forehead and then our daughters. This wasn't the life I expected when I went on that journey but it was the life I got, and I am perfectly happy with it.

(1108 words)