Thorin x (Human) Reader

A/N: WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?? I'M UPDATING AGAIN!  Hahahah anyway this one-shot is for tsarwars. Please enjoy :)

Thorin's P.O.V

I glared at the tankard of ale in front of me. I was lost. Hopelessly lost. I was meant to already be at the hobbit's home but instead I was sat here, in a bar, drinking away my sense of direction even further. I took another sip and set the tankard down heavily with a sigh. A loud laugh, drew my attention over to the other side of the room, a group of men were slumped over their drinks, howling with laughter. Rubbing my temple in annoyance, I swept my eyes across the room, my attention getting drawn slightly by a lone hooded figure, huddled over their dinner in the corner, occasionally throwing dirty looks at the men.

As the figure went to take a drink, their hood slipped down revealing a pretty (s/c) face that made my heart skip a beat. One of the men from the table noticed and whistled at her.

"C'mon pretty girl. Come over here and have a drink with us!"

I watched as the woman slowly scraped her chair back and steadily got to her feet. She slowly walked over to the table, drink in her hand. The guy who whistled was slouched in his chair, smirking. There was a certain aura about the woman as she made her way over, she almost look like she should be trembling from the anger but the hand holding her drink was rock steady. As she reached the table, she leant forward slightly and spoke in a slightly hushed tone, but I was close enough to hear.

"Why don't you let me get you one?"

The room was stunned into silence at her next actions, but it wasn't for long. Laughter rang through the bar as everyone's eyes turned to the man, who was now covered in frothy ale, the woman's tankard empty. Anger filled the man, causing him to stand up on drunken legs, only to be sent back down to his seat, unconscious. The woman's shoulder didn't even look like it has moved. There was a round of applause before the rest of the rooms occupants turned back to their own conversations and drinks.

I carried on watching as she sent the table a glare, before walking back to her seat, her (h/c) hair swinging. Finally managing to drag my eyes away from her, I downed the rest of my ale, glaring once again at the bottom of the empty tankard. After sitting there for a while, just staring at my tankard, lost in my thoughts, I decided I go ask the barman for another drink before, maybe, asking for directions.

As I walked up to order my drink, I saw the woman stood there, hood once again pulled up shadowing her eyes, and for the first time noticed her attire. Full light armor, a sword sheathed by her side, a quiver full of arrows and a bow now slung over her back. She was an adventurer​. No citizen or soldier dressed as armored but light as she did.

With my curiosity spiked, I moved closer to her, the top of my head only just coming up to her shoulder. I stood there awkwardly until the barman gave me my drink. Taking a slip, I found the confidence to speak up.

"So you're an adventurer?"

The was an unimpressed snort from the woman, her fresh tankard, of what smelt like mead, being placed down on the bar. I watched as a rather sinister smile curled up onto her full lips.

Oh how I wished I could kiss them... Wait what was I thinking? It must be the ale talking.

I was dragged out of my thoughts as a melodic voice started to talk, sarcasm dripping from every word.

"Of course I'm an adventurer. You think barmaids go around dressed like this for fun?"

Her smile grew wider and even more sinister, as if she was proud with her answer.