~two~

Riley's POV
It's been seven hours since our shift began. Seven long hours of trying to make our patients happy. Finally, I get a small break. George and I went to the cafeteria to eat with the other interns. After getting my food, I take a seat next to George and Izzie.

"Shift is a marathon not a sprint. Eat." George tells Izzie.

"I can't." Izzie replies, a very disgusted look on her face.

"Just try." George says.

" I can't After completing 17 rectal exams. Nazi hates me." Izzie, still poking at her food with a worried look on her face.

"She doesn't not. She's an resident. I have attendings hating me." George says with a mouthful.

"You know Meredith is in bred?" Cristina

"Her mother is Ellis grey." Cristina tells us, making my eyes widen.

"Shut up. The Ellis grey?" Izzie whispers.

"Whos Ellis Grey?" George asks.

"You don't know the Grey method?" I question him.

"Where'd you go to med school, Mexico?" Cristina says.

"She was one of the first chick surgeons. She practically invented the-" Izzie says, but is cut off by Cristina.

"She's won the Harper Avery. Twice." Cristina tells us all.

"Okay so I didn't know one thing." George says, earning a sympathetic smile from me.

"I would kill to have Ellis Grey as a mother." Cristina says,leaning in her right arm.

"I would kill to be Ellis Grey" I say very quietly, as usual.

"Phahuhuf." George mutters, placing an apple in his mouth.

Meredith sits down at the table and says,"Katie Bryce is a pain in the butt. If I hadn't taken the hypocritical, it put a fork in her with my bare hands."

We all stared at Meredith as she gave us all confused looks.

"What" she asks.

George shakes his head as I go back to eating my cafeteria food.

"You don't talk much do you Riley?" Cristina asks me.

I look over at her and shyly shake my head. I don't know why I'm so shy. Sometimes I wish I wasn't. I'm about to say something else when Burke begins walking over to us.

"Hello interns! It's not posted, but I think I'll share the good news personally. As you know, the honor of performing the first surgery is reserved for the intern that shows the most promise." Burke says as he stands behind a very awkward looking George.

"As I'm running the OR today, I get to make that choice." He explains, causing Cristina and Meredith to stiffen in their chairs.

Burke places a hand on George's shoulder and says," George O'Malley."

"Me?" George mumbles with his mouth full.

"You'll scrub in for an appendectomy this afternoon." Burke tells him, walking away.

I send him a huge grin and say, "I told you. Congratulations."

Everyone else starts looking around at each other. I'm the only one who didn't look shocked.

"Did he say me?" George mutters.
___________
We all finish eating and George has to go scrub in for his surgery now. I decide to go sit in the gallery and watch.