~sixteen~

Riley's POV

"Good morning my beautiful roomies! Ooh, cupcakes" I walk into the kitchen, ruffling George's hair and grabbing a chocolate cupcake. George gives me a smile, showing the bits of cupcake in his teeth.

I widen my eyes when I take a bite, "Oh my god these are amazing. Izzie, you're making these for breakfast from now on"

"Agreed" George takes another cupcake.

"No. Not until I figure out this stupid ingredient that I'm missing!" Izzie throws a spatula into the sink. I raise my eyebrows, taking another bit.

"Morning!" Derek enters the kitchen, followed by Meredith.

"Hey. You guys want a cupcake?" George offers them one, but they both decline.

"Hey I like it here. You said so yourself-- you liked having your things around, sleeping in your own bed." Derek grabs a bowl and a box of cereal from the cabinet.

"You're like a health nut aren't you? You eat muesli every morning" George says to Derek, doing his arms in a running motion.

"No I don't" Derek scoffs.

"Yes you do. For the last seven days at least" I take another cupcake.

"Oh come on, I haven't been here for a full week. Have I?" Derek mumbles to himself.

Meredith smiles, "See? Even they think it's weird"

"Okay, time to go. Let's go Georgie" I grab George's hand, pulling him along behind me. Since Izzie is still baking, she can ride with Mer and Derek. I hop in the drivers seat and smile when George gets in beside me. He smiles back at me, leaning forward and pressing his lips on mine.

I'm not sure exactly what George and I are, but I like it.
~~

"Hey Mer. Christina. What do ya got?" I smile, approaching them in the hallways.

"A so called Psychic. Wanna check it out with us?" Mer grins. I furrow my brows, but nod anyways. They turn to the right and enter a room.

"Okay, Mr.Duff. We're gonna start our work up now" Meredith tells the patient, that obviously belongs in the psych wing.

"Work me up, work me down. I'm telling you it's a waste of time." The patient mumbles.

"Okay well humor us. Can you grip my fingers please?" Christina grabs his hand.

Mr.Duff pulls away from Meredith, his eyes growing wide. He stares intensely at Christina.

"Mr.Duff?" I place my hand on his shoulder.

"Someone... Someone's gonna check out.  Bye bye" He lets out a deep breath.

"Man he's nuts" Christina rolls her eyes

"I'm dizzy, not deaf. And I'm telling you, someone on the fourth floor is gonna die." He smirks when the intercom comes on, announcing a code blue on the fourth floor.

We all stare at each other, Mer and Christina turning around and leaving the room. I turn to go as well, but Mr.Duff grabs my wrist.

"You and that other intern.. George is it? Yeah... Mhm." He closes his eyes, hand still on my wrist. Officially creeped out, I turn around and exit the room.
~~

"You paged?" I walk into the pit, smiling at Derek.

"Yeah, I need you to take my patient to MRI. He can't move his legs" Derek tells me.

"Got it" I grab the end of the patients gurney, wheeling him along. When I get to the MRI room, I see that Meredith is already sitting behind the computers.