~three~

Rileys POV

Right now, I was sat next to Izzie by the nurses station. She was falling in and out of sleep. I looked up to see George, who had just dropped a bag of blood, making me laugh. He quickly picked it up and ran down the hall.

"Hey Riley, come with me" Meredith called

Walking over to her, I said "Where we goin?"

"I slept with Derek Shepherd. You know. The head of neuro" she explained,making me stop dead in my tracks.

"And your telling me this why?"

"Because your quiet and I needed to tell someone. Besides I don't trust anyone around here yet." She told me as we continued walking.

"Okay so what are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know. I told him to act like he hasn't seen me naked but I have a feeling things are gonna be really awkward"

"Uh, yea." I said as we arrived in the same room George just rushed the blood to.

"4B has got post op pneumonia put her on antibiotics" the doctor that started the 007 trend said to a nurse.

"Are you sure that's the right diagnosis?" The nurse asked him.

"I don't know I'm only an intern. Here's an idea why don't you go spend four years in med school and then let me know if it's the right diagnosis. She's short of breath she's got fever. She's, post op. Start the antibiotics." He says walking away with the chart.

"God I hate nurses" Dr.Cocky says walking up to us.

"I'm Alex." He says smiling at Meredith and I.

"You guys are uh. With the nazi right?" He asks us.

"She may not have pneumonia you know. She could be splinting or have a PE." Meredith tells him.

"Like I said I hate nurses." Alex says walking off.

"What did you just say?" I yell towards him.

"Did you just call her a nurse?"

"If the white cap fits." Alex says, not looking up from whatever seems to be important to him at the moment.

Meredith begins to get a page and leaves the room. George walks up and stands to the left of me and Alex.

"Is she single?" Some other intern asks.

"I don't know. Phew!" Alex whistles.

"Aw come on she is way out of your league." I tell Alex, trying to sound cool.

"She's my friend you know. Friends but not actually friends, I think,but we are tight. We hang out. We really met just today but." George says

"Dude stop talking." Alex cuts him off, walking away.

George makes an awkward face before going back to writing whatever he was writing.

"Way to make it awkward." I joke with him.

"Just.. Be quiet." He tells me

"Oh I have no problem with that. Seeing that I literally never speak except for today. Which I don't even know why I'm talking this much I'm very shy and-"

"Riley!" George cuts me off.

"Right. Sorry."
________________________

It's been 24 hours. I haven't slept once. Not at all! Still, I have another 24 hours.

George and I are stood behind Dr.Burke who is telling his patient that he is gonna be taken off his ventilator.

"So I shouldn't worry?" The patients wife asks.

"I'm very good at what I do. It's still a surgery. There are some risks. Ill see you in the OR." Burke tells them, walking away.

"You aren't gonna leave me alone with that guy are ya" the patient asks George.

"Oh I'll be outside the whole time. Dr.Burke is very good. Don't worry" George tells them as we begin to walk off.

"He's gonna be fine right?" The wife asks.

"He's gonna sail through. You have nothing to worry about. I promise. Gotta go." He reassures them as we finally walk off.

"Dude. That was so good!" I tell him.

"What- what was so good?"

"You totally just calmed them down."

"Yea. That's what we are supposed to do."

"Still. Your awesome."

He gives me a soft smile as we continue down the hall.
____________________

Meredith is sat next to Cristina, who is suturing a banana. I'm next to George, who is lounging in his chair.

"Oh what are you laughing at 007? Sorry. I get mean when I'm tired." Cristina says.

"You know what. I don't care. I comforted a family and I got to hang out in the OR today. All is well." George responds to her.

"Does anybody know why we are here?" Cristina complains as Shepherd walks into the room.

"Good morning. I'm gonna do something pretty rare for a surgeon. I'm gonna ask interns for help. I got this kid Katie Bryce. Right now, she's a mystery. She doesn't respond to her meds. Labs are clean. Scans are pure. But she's having seizures. Mild seizures with no visible cause. She's a ticking clock." Dr. Shepherd explains.

"She's gonna die if I don't make a diagnosis. Which is where you come in. I can't do it alone. I need your extra minds. Extra eyes. I need you to play detective. I need you to find out why Katie's having seizures. I know you're tired you're busy you have more work than you can possibly handle. I understand. So, I'm gonna give you an incentive. Whoever finds the answer rides with me. Get into any surgery. You get to do what no interns get to do. Scrub in to assist on an advanced procedure."

"Dr.bailey is going to educate her chart. The clock is ticking fast people. If we are going to save Katie's life we have to do it soon." Derek finishes, and walks out the room.

End of chapter 3!

Hope everyone enjoyed!