~eight~

Riley's POV

  "So what's up with the Nazi? Is she off her meds?" Alex asks George and me and we walk down the hallway.

  "You've never heard of the race?" George asks him, referring to the bike race that happens every year. It's crazy, people are falling off of bikes left and right.

"Chief. Dead baby bike race started ten minutes ago" Bailey reminds Webber, walking past him as he's mesmerized by the OR board.

"Alright people. Dead baby bike race day!" chief shouts.

"Every year the bar" George starts, but is cut off by Mer reminding him that it's the dead baby bar.

  "Every year they hold this underground bike race" George finishes.

"Don't you wonder why someone would name a bar something so disgusting?" I ask.

"Keep your panties on Nancy Drew" Christina mocks as we out on our trauma gowns.

  "The race is completely illegal, and-"

"Crazy" George is cut off by Mer again.

"Bike messengers racing against traffic trying to beat eachother for free shots of tequila" Meredith says.

  " all out, no holds barred competition. Sounds like fun" Alex smiles.

"Oh you would think that" I laugh, shoving his shoulder a bit.

"The race doesn't even have any rules. Except eye gouging. No eye gouging" George adds, making Izzie laugh.

"We're gonna be trapped in the pit band aiding idiots when we could be up in the OR" Christina complains.

  "What kind of people engage in a race that has, as it's only rule, that you can't rip out the eyes of another human being?" George asks, tying my gown.

"Men Georgie, men" Alex says.

  Bailey comes out from around the corner, telling us chief needs a right hand man up on the OR floor. We all raise our hands, trying to raise it higher than the other

Bailey sighs before choosing George.

  "Okay people the rules of trauma- don't mingle with the ER interns, they don't know their butt from their esophagus" Bailey says, ignoring our groans.

"Sew fast, discharge faster. Get bodies up to the OR yesterday. And don't let me catch you fighting over patients. Got it?" Bailey points at all of us.

  We all look at eachother for a moment, and then break out into a sprint, following Bailey.  Wait in the back, watching George take off his gown and head up to the OR. He gives me a smile before heading into the elevator, then I run to catch up with the others.

When I meet with the others, there is patients being wheeled in. Tons of gurneys are filling the ER.

"Wow. It's like candy but with blood, but that's so much better!" Christina cheers.

  "Wow" Izzie says as she sees a patient come near us.

"Mine!" Christina lunges towards the gurney.

  "No mine, I saw him first!" Izzie tries to pull her back.

They walk away, still fighting over the patient, as I walk over to another patient

"Mine" I mumble under my breath.

  "Hello sir my name is Dr. Foster, I will be your doctor for today." I smile at him.

"Make it quick, I gotta win my race" he orders as I begin cleaning up the wound on his head.

  He winces, and I tell him sorry.