~twenty two~

Riley's POV

"Seriously?" Izzie bursts into George's bedroom, where two of us were sound asleep. Both of us sit up quickly and squint due to Izzie flicking the light on.

"Move over" She orders, causing George to scoot into my right side, and for Izzie to lay down on the other side of George. Im on the edge of the bed, my backside hanging off the side.

"We were sleeping" I groan, laying my head on Georges chest.

"Oh, boo hoo" Izzie rolls her eyes, adjusting the pillow behind her.

There is a small silence, where I can close my eyes and relax. It's short loved,however, because Meredith storms into the room and orders me to scoot over.

"Seriously" Meredith mutters the same thing Izzie did.

"Seriously" I huff, wanting to get just an hour of sleep.

"This is a very small bed" George turns his head to Meredith, then defeatedly removes his arm from around me so we can scoot the other direction.

Now, I am in between George and Meredith, and none of us have any room to move.

"He's a brain surgeon." Meredith shakes her head. I lay on my back, staring up towards the ceiling. George has his head on my shoulder, and his eyes are closed.

"I look fantastic. I shaved my legs." Izzie raises her voice, obviously not content with her date tonight. I don't know what she expected, it's Alex.

"He's a brain surgeon. How can he be so brainless?" Meredith is practically shouting.

"Hello? Seriously." Izzie throws her hands in the air.

"Seriously" Meredith agrees.

"Shh" George pleads.

Thunder rumbles from outside, causing the power to shut off. George groans and rolls over to his stomach, causing me to cuddle up next to Meredith.

"George, there's not enough room for you to lay like that" I complain.

"Goodnight" He mumbles, his head buried into a pillow.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes to get a wink of sleep.

~~

"Rounds, people" Bailey orders from the locker room door, where Cristina is telling her she is ready to work again.

I dont think Bailey wants her to come back, but Cristina is discharged, so technically she can work. I finish tying my shoe and follow Bailey down the hallway.

We walk into the first room, and Cristina pushes past us to the front.

"Henry Lamott, age 42, Is scheduled with Dr.Shepherd for a spinal implant to control the pain of his herniated disc, is allergic to all pain medication." Cristina announces. I roll my eyes, I was supposed to announce this patient.

I'm distracted by moaning from the tv, as are the others. When I glance up, a very inappropriate show is playing on the screen.

Bailey panics, slamming the charts closed.

Alex chuckles, "What are we watching?"