~nine~

Riley's POV

I stand by Meredith, Christina, and Izzie as we watch George ask chief about the transplant. He looks like a scared little deer. As he begins to ask, he glances at us quickly. I can see the shaking of his hands as he asks the question.

"We found Mackie a liver" George tells chief, referring to his vip patient.

"We are so going to hell" Meredith mumbles.

"Burke is sending us straight to hell" she adds.

"On an express train" Christina chews her fingernails.

"If it works" Izzie rubs her palms together.

"What are you doing?" I practically jump out of my skin as Alex walks around the corner.

"Nothing" we all tell him at the same time.

Chief starts talking to Dr.Burke, who is standing in front of a very intimidated George. Izzie begins to cheer because she thinks the plan is working. Alex looks at us confused, but still no one tells him what we are doing. George spins around and struts down the hallway. Izzie laughs as Burke turns and looks our way.

"Oh crap" I mutter.

We all scurry down the hall, except for Dr.Evil. That was a close one.
~~~~~~~~~~~

So apparently the reason Alex didn't follow us is because he ran after Burke. Now, he's scrubbing in on a surgery. Suck up. I can just make a full list of nicknames for Alex.

"I can not believe this" I stand next to George and Meredith, watching the surgery.

"Alex is vermin. That surgery is ours!" Meredith pouts.

"At least Burke is doing the surgery. I don't care about Alex. George, you did good" Izzie looks towards him.

George keeps his eyes in the OR, saying"I'm gonna have to avoid Burke for the rest of my career. He could kill me and make it look like an accident" he whispered the last line to me and Mer.

A nurse comes in telling Christina and Izzie that the John Doe has been identified, and they need to come with her. They leave the room, leaving me Mer and George to jealousy watch Alex and his surgery.
~~~~~~~~

"I smell awesome!" Alex bursts into the locker room where I am changing clothes.

  "It's the smell of open heart surgery, and it's awesome!" He hits one of the lockers.

I give him a doubtful look, making him raise his eye brows.

"You don't believe me? Ok. You're gonna smell me." He begins to walk behind me.

"I don't want to smell you"I tell him Calmly, placing a shirt in my locker.

"Oh yes you do" he hugs me, making me push him off, laughing.

  "What about you Mer? Wanna smell me?" Alex asks her,who I forgot was even in the room.

"Nope. Don't wanna smell you" she answers, not looking his way.

He goes to hug her, but she grabs his shirt and pushes him away, throwing him into the lockers. I watch wide eyed at her fiestyness.

"Okay. I have more important things to do than deal with you. I have roommates, and boy problems, and family problems" she holds him against the lockers, but he won't make eye contact with her.

"You wanna act like a little frat boy? That's fine. You wanna take credit for your saves and everyone else's? That's fine too. Just stay out of my face!" Meredith tells him as he yawns.

  I look at the door that opens, revealing Derek Shepard. Meredith grabs Alex fave and tells him he smells like crap. I have to disagree with that statement however. He smelt pretty freakin good. Derek looks at all of us as to ask what happend, to which Alex told him that Mer attacked him. Meredith stares at him, and starts running towards him again.

"Meredith. Meredith!" Derek steps in between them when she's about three inches from Alex's face.

  "You know what, you might wanna leave. Before I change my mind and let her beat you to a pulp" Derek backs Meredith up, and then goes back to talk to Alex.

Alex makes his way to the door as Derek looks at me. I get the hint, and follow Alex to the door. He makes crying out faces before Derek slams the door in our face. Alex smiles at me, and I push his shoulder.

  "You're a real jerk, frat boy" I joke with him.

He smirks at me before his pager goes of, making him walk in the opposite direction I need to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look! Skin grafting!" I pull one of Ellis greys tapes out of the box and hand it to George.

"Skin grafting?" Izzie tries to take it from George's hands, but fails.

"No way. I've never seen that done before" George is very amused with all of her tapes.

  "Are those my mothers surgical tapes?" Meredith comes out of no where, making me gasp.

"We should watch the skin grafting one first" George points to it.

Izzie makes a suggestive smile as Meredith asks where we found these.

"I unpacked some of your moms things. I was upset. When I'm upset I like to nest " Izzie drops a tape and pick up another.

"Ooh. Hemipelvectomy!" I hold another tape up.

  "We should watch this one first" George is still dead set on the skin grafting one.

"No" Meredith gathers our empty cups up. "We're not watching my mothers surgical tapes, we're not unpacking boxes, we're not having long conversations where we celebrate the moments of our lives ,and use a coaster!" Meredith angrily picks up George's beer and hands it to him.

  "I ordered Chinese food" George tries as Meredith stomps away.

"I hate Chinese food!" She yells, slamming her door extra loud.

We all begin chuckling, and continue digging through the boxes of the infamous Ellis grey's surgery tapes