~seventeen~

Riley's POV

"So how was your date with little George last night?" Alex walks to me, smirking.

"Why does everyone think I had a date with George? I went to bed early last night" I explain to Alex, letting out a deep breath.

Alex's eyes widen, "Oh. Uh, sorry dude."

"Sorry about what?" I tie my left shoe.

"Well according to George, he had a hot date last night. I totally thought you two were dating" Alex laughs, exiting the room.

"Yeah. I thought we were something too" I mumble, deciding not to jump to conclusions until I talk to George. My heart races in my chest as I walk down the hallway. Was I stupid to think George and I had something?
~~
George's POV

"You have syphilis?" Izzie shouts as I pull her into an office.

"Shh!" I pull the blinds closed and shut the door.

"Man, Olivia must really be getting around" Izzie sips her coffee.

"Aw man, what am I gonna do?" I pace back and forth.

"It's no biggie. A couple doses of penicillin will knock it right out" Izzie reassures me

"No, about Riley" I bring my hands to my forehead.

"Oh, biggie" Izzie sighs.

"I mean, technically I didn't cheat on her. But we are... Something. What am I gonna do if she finds out?" I begin to panic.

"You've gotta tell her. Wouldn't want anyone else telling her before you do" Izzie tells me

"You wouldn't. You care about her too much" I stomp my foot

"I never said I was going to be the one to tell her. But take my advice George, she will want to know the truth" Izzie pats my shoulder, leaving the room.

I take a deep breath and then go off to find Riley.
~~
Riley's POV

"Riley? Hey can we uh-- talk in private?" George taps my shoulder.

"Yeah. I actually needed to talk to you as well" I feel the nervousness in my stomach. George nods, grabbing my arm lightly and guiding me to a on call room.

"I uh.. I did something last night that you're probably going to hate me for" He puts his hands behind his back and looks to the ground. My heart sinks to my stomach, and I feel the tears grow in my eyes.

"I slept with the nurse Olivia"

"George, I know we weren't exactly together, but I like you. I like you a lot." I tense my jaw and hold back the tears

"Riley I'm really-"

"Save it George. Remember that bet we made? Well you win it I guess. You could have just came to me, I could have gave you a lot better than the nurse that is sleeping around the whole hospital. Just-- just get out please" A single tear falls from my eye, and I look to the ground.

I can hear him hesitate, but he listens to my request and leaves the room. As he slowly closes the door, I flop onto the bed and let it out. My face sinks into the pillow, and it slowly absorbs my tears.
~~

I lift my head up to a knock on the door. I mutter a "come in", and a tall blonde makes their way into the room.

"Hey girl. George told me" Izzie walks to me and sits on the bed. I throw my head onto her lap, crying again.

"I'm stupid right? Stupid that I'm caring for a guy that I wasn't even dating?" I mumble

"No, no you're not stupid. You guys really liked each other. What George did was a mistake, a one time thing" Izzie rubs my head.

"Did you come in here to defend him?" I lift my head from her lap and sniff.

"No. I came in here to tell you how stupid George is for letting a smokin hot girl like you slip through his fingers. I know he still likes you. If you're willing to take him back sooner or later, I'm sure he'd appreciate that" Izzie smiles.

"I don't want to think about taking him back right now. I'm too angry and sappy" I throw my head into her shoulder

"Sucks doesn't it?" She puckers her lips

"Totally" I agree.

"If it makes you feel any better, he's got the Syph" Izzie laughs.

I pick my head up and chuckle, "Man, I love karma"

We both burst out into a fit of laughter, laying on each other.

"We gave him a shot of penicillin on his butt. He has a cute butt" Izzie still laughs.

"We can both agree on that one" I smile.

"I'll tell you what, I'm making ten batches of cupcakes later for me and you to share. George can't have a single one" Izzie tells me.

"Sounds great. I'll see you later, I can't weep in here forever" I stand from my seat.

"Me too. I've got a patient to drain fluid from" Izzie smiles.

"Thanks Izzie. For, talking me through this" I stick my hands into my pockets.

"No problem. Anything for you" She says, being the first of us to leave the room.

I follow behind her, wandering around and waiting for a page.
~~

"You gave me syphilis?" I hear George shout from the other side of the lockers, and then Alex in on the ground with George on top of him.  

The four of us girls run to the boys, Izzie and Christina on George, Meredith and I on Alex. Once we separate them, they start yelling at eachother.

"First you cheat on Riley and then you attack me? So not cool dude" Alex shoots at George. I tense my jaw, looking to the ground.

"Not cool Alex" Izzie mutters

"No, it's fine. I gotta go. See you guys tomorrow" I storm past them, not even glancing at George.
~~

George and Riley are on the rocks. Anyone have a ship name for them?

~~