~ten~

George's POV

"So, what do you say when I get out of here you take me and my new liver out for a night on the town?" Mr.Mackie asks me.

I freeze for a moment, not sure how to let him down easy. I sit on the edge of his bed, playing with the pen in my hands.

"Mr.Mackie, uh no offense or anything ,you're very handsome but uh, I uh I'm not. I mean, you're not my type, because...." I start as he begins laughing hysterically

"You're a man, and...."

"George I never thought you were gay." Mr.Mackie chuckles

My eyes widen, "You didn't?"

"Oh Child please. You? Gay? I'm sick George, not blind"

"Then why have.." I mutter, confused

"Because dying is a get out of jail free card. I can be as bold as I want, and there's nothing anybody can say about it. So, I flirt" Mr.Mackie smiles, waving his hand around.

"Havent you ever been attracted to someone you know you couldn't have?" His question causes butterflies to develop in my stomach.

"Well... I'm..No" I lie.

"Whats her name?" He catches on to my lie.

I shake my head, reassuring him there's no girl.

"You know, this is really not...." I chuckle nervously, looking towards the ground.

"Riley. And.. Meredith"

"Hmm, Riley and Meredith. To be young and in love" He smiles, trying to take hold of my hand.

I hesitate, not sure what to do. He puts his hand down, forming his lips into a straight line.

"Lets go get that liver shall we?" He tells me

With that, I leave the room.
~~

Riley's POV

"Alex you got anything for me?" I ask him, as he is helping run the trauma room.

"Nope. Everyone is just waiting to be discharged" He tells me as I roll my eyes.

"Help! I need help over here!" I look over, seeing Meredith on top of a man, holding his abdomen.

I quickly run to her, helping her get the patient onto a gurney. She gets on top of him, still holding the wound.

"Someone page Dr.Bailey and tell her to meet me in the OR. Alex, let's go!" Meredith orders, as I make sure the way is clear.

Alex stands there, staring at the ground, doing nothing.

"Alex push the freaking gurney!" Mer yells at him.

As Alex finally grabs the gurney, I yell "Everyone move! Out of the way!"

"Somebody get the elevator!" Alex yells as I am already pushing the button.