~twenty three~

Riley's POV

On the bedside table sits my pager, which just so happens to star beeping at 2:00 AM. I let out a groan before grabbing it, turning it off, and rolling out of bed. The other four interns decided to go have a drink at Joes bar, but I was to tired.

Sleep is my favorite hobby.

Anyways, Meredith was waiting for Derek to show up. If he came to the bar, he chose Mer. If he didn't come, he's staying with Addison.

Hopefully he made the right decision. If not, he's gonna have five angry interns.

Once I'm dressed and ready, I run out the door and race to the hospital. My friends are walking in at the same time as I.

"Hey, what's going on?" I walk along side the others.

"Massive train wreck. It doesn't look good" Izzie sighs.

I widen my eyes, and walk next to George, who has a sad look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask, trying to think of any way his day could have possibly gone wrong. He performed a perfect open heart surgery.

"I don't have any clean underwear" George sighs. I laugh, but he just approaches his locker and starts getting changed into his scrubs.

Every intern is slowly changing into their scrubs, no one saying a word.

"Man, why is everyone in such a bad mood? We're about to save some lives" I try to cheer them all up.

"Derek didn't show" Cristina announces.

I gasp, looking to Meredith. She is too embarrassed to make eye contact with me.

"Let's go" Meredith says sullenly, being the first one to leave the room.

I shake my head, very angry with Derek. He'd better hope I'm not on his service tonight

I fast walk down the hallway with the other four by my side, all the way to the pit.

We all begin putting on our gowns, George hitting Cristina in the head with his arm when he puts it through the arm hole. Cristina mutters an "ow" before glaring at him.

George chuckles, but apologizes.

On my left, Alex and Izzie are talking about the elevator. How Alex didn't do anything but stand there.

"Please, O'Malley just plugged a hole with his finger" Alex rolls his eyes.

I ball my hand up into a fist, "Hey Alex, how did it feel to stand there and pump air into a mans lungs? You're a real hero"

Izzie widens her mouth from behind him, surprised with my sassy remark. George and Cristina chuckle behind me.

"Come on, people, enough standing around. We got work to do" Bailey shouts at us.

I turn to face her, and I'm taken aback. Bailey is wearing a beautiful green dress and high heels. All of us gasp at the sight.

"What are you all looking at?" Bailey furrows her brows.

We all pretend to look away, going back to tying our gowns. George ties mine for me.

Bailey tells Alex to go get her shoes, while Meredith informs Bailey that she is "A little bit drunk".

"Did any of you decide to down the bottle?" Bailey turns to us with disappointment.

We all shake our heads. George checks his breath when Bailey looks away, signifying that he did have a few sips.