~eighteen~

Riley's POV

It turns out, McDreamy is a Mcjerk. Derek has joined George on my list of people I would rather not see this week. I'm out of luck however, I'm on Derek's service tomorrow. He forgot to mention that he was already married, and his wife showed up and introduced herself to Meredith. So, together Mer and I are angry with George and Derek.

Also, Christina is pregnant. She told Meredith at the bar, and Meredith passed the news along to me. I was called in the minute I got home. Groaning, I jumped back in my car and sped to the hospital. When I arrive, Izzie tells me that I'm on call. I apologize, and thank her for reminding me. I guess I forgot in all the commotion going on.

Since there was no major traumas, I found the nearest on call room and crashed.
~~

"Okay people, assignments. Yang, you're on discharges. Omalley and Foster, report to room E19" Bailey storms into the locker room.

"You've got to be kidding me" I groan, slowly following George out of the room. He looks almost as bad as I do, his hair looks like it hasn't been washed in weeks. It's very curly and dirty.

George walks next to me in the halls, but doesn't say a word. I know he wants to by the way he keeps glancing at me.

"Look, we have to work together, there's not another option on that one. But we don't have to talk to each other" I remind him, but I can see a look of guilt and hurt on his face.

"Right. Strictly business. No personal talk, got it" He nods his head, tensing his jaw.

We approach the nurses station, asking for the chart to room 119. The nurse hands it to us with no hesitation with a smile on her face. George thanks her, reading the patients name. When he looks shocked, I peek over his shoulder and read the name Webber,Richard. My eyes widen and I quickly look to the room In front of me. Sure enough, Chief Webber sits on the bed with bandages on his head.

"Oh, good. You're here, let's get started" Chief sits up when we enter the room.

"Okay" George mutters, grabbing his flashlight to check Webbers eyes. When George places his hands on Chiefs head, he backs away quickly, George's hands following his face

"O'Malley" Webber pushes him off

"Yeah?"

"You're touching me" Webber narrows his eyes, shooing the nurse out of the room.

"Is he not supposed to touch you? I mean, we have to examine-"

Webber cuts me off with a deep breath, "I want you to listen to me very carefully. As long as I'm in here, I don't know what's happening out there" He points to the hallways.

"With my doctors, my patients, my hospital. You two are my eyes today, my ears. I want you to be a sponge." Webber nods his head with every word

"A sponge?" George furrows his brows

"You report any and everything happening in this hospital to me"

"We are investigative sponges" I mutter

"Im not fooling around, there's too much been happening lately under my radar. It stops today." Webber says. George and I stand by to wait for more, but he shoos us off. George mutters an 'oh', then leads the way out of the room.
~~

I spent the rest of the evening snooping around. George took the west side of the building, I took the east. Then we switched, he took the north and I took the south. I figured out that Joe, from joes bar, is undergoing a surgery that will kill him for 45 minutes, then bring him back to life.