ii.The Chancellor

Chapter 02| "YOU'RE NEVER FULLY DRESSED WITHOUT A SMILEEEE!" I rolled my eyes before turning towards the radio and turning the volume down slightly.

"Hey!" Mum exclaimed loudly sharply turning her head towards me to glare. "What was that for?"

"It was giving me a headache." I stated.

"It's an amazing song." She stated before reaching over and turning the volume back up. She flipped her hair off of her shoulder with her free hand before placing it back onto the wheel and continuing to sing.

"But baby, you're never fully dressed with a smile." She sang stopping at a red light and reaching over to lightly tap underneath my chin.

I looked at her annoyed but couldn't fight the smile itching it's way onto my lips.

"You're never fully dressed without a smileee. Remember that my dear sweetheart." She winked before putting the car into shift and continuing to drive.

"TAKE A SIP OF MY SECRET POTION, I'LL MAKE YOU FALL IN-HEY!" Mum exclaimed yet again before realizing that we had already arrived at Whale Coast College.

"Woah." I breathed out glancing upwards at the gigantic school.

"And you're going there?" She asked. "God, I wished I could go there. I hear they have an amazing pool, maybe you could get on the swim team or something?"

"Mum, I'm crap at swimming." I stated narrowing my eyes and turning my head towards her.

"Tia," she said warningly. "No swear words."

"Crap isn't a swear word." I stated and she glared at me. I raised my hands in surrender before getting out of the car.

She switched the car off and got out before walking towards the trunk of the car and opening it revealing my pink poka-dotted luggage to the entire campus.

I rushed after her and immediately took it from her grasp causing her to chuckle before closing the trunk yet again.

"Come on," she rubbed my shoulder sweetly before throwing her arm into the air. "TO WHALE COAST COLLEGE AND BEYOND!!"

"Oh god, no." I facepalmed. Doing it mentally just wasn't enough.

Looking upwards, I noticed that some nearby people were walking and casually watching us with weird looks written all over their faces.

"Mum, come on." I whined before grabbing her arm with my free hand and tugging her after me.

"Tier-"

"Tia." I stated abruptly interrupting the Chancellor from speaking.

"Right." He stated narrowing his eyes to make sure that I wouldn't interrupt him again. "Tia Collins, I assume?"

"You assume correctly!" Mum spoke & I nudged her whilst awkwardly smiling.

"Right. So you're seventeen years of age?" I nodded at his question. "Do you know what you're studying?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that this was going to be another interview."

"Mum!" I whined. "I don't want to be kicked out before I even have my first day here."

"No. No. It's fine." The chancellor dismissed whilst laughing slightly.

"Sorry." My mum apologized.

"Don't worry about it." He spoke. The corners of his lips turned upwards as he watched my mother, she raised her hand and awkwardly slipped a strand of hair behind her ear whilst smiling shyly.

What. The. Actual. Heck is going on? My mum is never shy!

"Ahem." I coughed bringing his gaze away from my mother and causing her to continue staring at her lap.

"Sorry." He apologized. "I assume that you have everything you need?" He asked.

I nodded continuing to watch him sharply. "Yes, we went to the office before we came here." I put an emphasis on my words so that he would understand that I was still in the room.

"Did you need something?" I asked as he continued to watch my mother.

"No, no, sorry." He quickly apologized yet again as I watched him warily. "You're free to go." I nodded before collecting my things.

"Mum?" I questioned with furrowed eyebrows as she remained seated. "You coming?"

"No. No. I'll call you later." I pursed my lips together and rolled my eyes before dragging my luggage out of the room.

"Love you!"

Uh oh. What's going on between Tia's mother & The Chancellor?

I researched & learnt that the Chancellor was apparently the head of a College, just like how a Headteacher /Principal is the head of a High School. I don't necessarily know if it's correct since I got it off of the Internet & I'm not exactly in College yet.

Disclaimer: I don't own Little Mix's "Black Magic" or Sia's "You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"