Chapter 6

The next morning I woke up feeling a little bit stronger. “Good morning Holliepop.” He smiled at me. “Good morning.” I smiled as he let go of me “Can we head to my room? I think I'm ready to talk to you about her….about Baylie.” He said as he took my hand. I nodded and walked with him to his room. Baylie had said once he shared this with me I could trust him with anything. 

“I know Sky told you the summary. I need to give you the everything of our history. I met Baylie in elementary school. She was a year ahead of me in school and I looked up to her so much when I was younger. She and I were best friends even at a young age. Once she hit middle school things changed a bit between us. She became more distant. It wasn’t in the way that it seemed like she had moved on from me thinking I was too young to be her friend, it was more she was afraid I wasn’t really her friend. She cried a lot back then I rarely remember seeing her smile. Junior High things became worse with her. She seemed to become closer to me again but something always seemed off about how she behaved. Her family was another issue. Her brother abused her in so many ways and I can distinctly remember one night when she ran over to my house in tears begging to stay here. My family let her and she confided in me what had happened. Her brother had beat her up earlier that day and said she was his that night when she came home so she ran over here. I told her I wouldn’t tell a soul who knew her.” He sighed obviously becoming upset talking about it.

I rubbed his back “It’s going to be okay…we all have a story…I’ll tell you all about mine soon. I trust you.” He smiled a bit at me “I'm glad you trust me with your story. I’ll continue with Baylie’s. She went to school every day and was teased relentlessly. She tried to be strong but she really had no safe haven from any of it. She began to hurt herself as well. I caught her a few times telling her she was so much better than this and that we would get her away but she had to trust me to tell my parents. She agreed. So she moved in here shortly after I had told my parents. They knew Baylie since the beginning of time so they let her stay. For a while she was getting so much better. School didn’t bother her as much, she a new home life with my family which made her home life fine, and then she and I got together. I fell so hard for her. She was so amazing and had so much left to offer the world. Then. He found her. She felt so trapped she went back way too much. Her parents made her come back home treating her like she ran away from home. And that’s when….” He trailed off tearing up. 

I rubbed his back again “You lost her.” He nodded. “I knew it was coming the more I tried to talk to her. She constantly was telling me ‘I wish I was dead.’ ‘Can this end now? Just kill me off.’ The signs were all there I just couldn’t help but feel shocked when I learned she actually did it and succeeded. My heart was broken in two. I failed her. I tried so hard to tell her how much she meant to me. I guess she never really knew that a part of me would die right with her.” I hugged him “You tried so hard to help her. I know she’s thankful for you. She has to be you were the only person who cared for her sometimes I bet she felt like. I’ve had that before. Trust me. It wasn’t someone in love with me but my best friend Skylar. She kept me going this long.” I confided in him. He smiled “I'm glad she did otherwise I never would’ve known you.” He smiled. “I know.” I smiled as held him in my arms.

“Can I play you something I wrote about her?” he asked sheepishly. “Of course!” I smiled as he went to his piano and began to play. “On the first page of our story the future seemed so bright. Then this thing turned out so evil. I don't know why I'm still surprised. Even angels have their wicked schemes and you take that to new extremes but you'll always be my hero even though you've lost your mind. Just gonna stand there and watch me burn but that's all right because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry but that's all right because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. Ohhh, I love the way you lie.  Now there's gravel in our voices glass is shattered from the fight. In this tug of war, you'll always win even when I'm right. 'cause you feed me fables from your hand with violent words and empty threat and it's sick that all these battles are what keeps me satisfied. Just gonna stand there and watch me burn but that's all right because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry but that's all right because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. Ohhh, I love the way you lie. So maybe I'm a masochist. I try to run but I don't wanna ever leave til the walls are going up in smoke with all our memories. Oh memories ohhh. Just gonna stand there and watch me burn but that's all right because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry but that's all right because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. Ohhh, I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie.” 

I smiled “That’s such a beautiful song.” “I wrote it over Baylie….” “I'm sure she loves it too wherever she is Colton.” He smiled at me giving me a hug “You are perfect. Don’t forget it okay. I wish she was still here.” He sighed “I know you do. I wish she was too. I want you to be happy you deserve that much.” I smiled. He held me close “If you don’t mind will you tell me your story?” “I would like to but I think you’ve had enough hurt for one night.” I said honestly. My story is one you needed to be in a good condition to hear. He nodded “Okay Holliepop. Thanks for caring.” He kissed me softly. I smiled his kisses felt so good like a healing I needed.