3

Zayn and Liam showed up at Harry's house pretty fast, considering that Harry had to be on stage within thirty minutes. Harry jumped into the car and they drove off quickly. " What made you change your mind?" Liam asked from the front seat.

" I didn't need to study so much as I thought I had to." Harry replied.

" Or you just realized that singing is much more fun than study." Zayn filled in with a questioning look. " Maybe that too. Hold on, isn't Niall coming?"

" He's already there." Liam said smiling. " Did you guys just know that I would happen to change my mind thirty minutes before I have to be on stage?"

" We kind of saw it coming, yeah." Zayn said and swung in on the 17 Black's parking. " Do you know which song you gonna sing?" Liam wondered when they walked out from the car and into the pub.

" Yeah, I'm not telling you now though." They both followed Zayn who tried to find the pub's owner and met Niall on the way.

" Harry, I knew you would change your mind!" Niall was holding a beer in his hand and Harry was just about to point out that it was a school's day. Then he remembered it was a friday too. Thank God for that.

" So what song are you gonna sing?" Niall continued while they followed Zayn like two lost puppies. Harry didn't really have time to answer until Zayn grabbed him by the arm and threw him face to face with a well built muscular man with dark short hair and brown eyes.

" Here's the singer I told you about." Zayn said and pushed Harry towards the owner. " Hi, I'm Harry Styles." Harry greeted.

" Hello, Harry, I'm Dave. Have you ever sung for more than three people?"
Harry shook his head rapidly with wide eyes when he actually realized what had gotten himself into.

" I've never sung for anyone." Harry said honestly. Dave nodded and trusted Zayn that he actually could sing. " Okay, kid. You've got one chance, start with one song then we'll see if the people likes it. Stay here until I call your name up."

Dave walked up onto the stage and people's attention was directed to him immediatley. " Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we have a very young singer here with us. His name is Harry Styles, he's bit nervous so we'll go easy on him, right folks?"

There was some response in the crowd and Harry looked around in the room to see if he saw someone else he knew. Fortunatley not.

" So welcome, Harry Styles." Luckily there was a piano on the stage and Harry had just happen to bring the notes with him, this was his lucky day.

People gave him a warm applause when he walked up on stage and placed himself behind the piano.

The intro was calm and in a steady pace that made people listen up. It was when he started to sing that people knew that they were alive for real.

Now you were standing there right in front of me. I hold on, it's getting harder to breath. All of these lights are suddenly blinding me. I never noticed how bright they would be.

Niall, Liam and Zayn had no idea how to react to this. The song had barely started and they already had goosebumps.

I saw in the corner there's a photograph.

Without actually thinking about it, Harry's eyes wandered away to the right corner of the pub.

No doubt in my mind there's a picture of you.

He could see , a obviously drunk, man sitting with his head jag down in the table but still trying to point his attention towards Harry.

It lies here alone in its bed of broken glass.

For some reason all his attention was  fixed on just this mysterious man. But he couldn't really see if the man was looking back at him because all the spotlight was blinding him.

This bed was never made for two.

Niall knew how many likes he got in his recent instagram post, Liam knew he had alot of people snapchatting him and Zayn really needed a smoke, but none of them cared about that right now.

Harry singing with such passion was hard to avoid. Impossible to be exact.

I'll keep my eyes wide open. I'll keep my arms wide open.
Don't let me, don't let me, don't let me go. 'Cus I'm tired of feeling alone.

" Does anyone have a tissue?" Niall whispered to Liam and Zayn and they just glanced at him then shook their heads. " Unfortunatley not." Liam whispered back.

Don't let me, don't let me, don't let me go. 'Cus I'm tired of feeling alone.

After the song was finished some people stood of from their seats and Harry stood up and took a bow. When he looked back to the corner he watched earlier, he didn't see the man who sat there before.

" Strange..." Harry mumbled for himself. It might sound crazy, but he sure did look familiar. He just couldn't put his finger on where he'd seen him before.

The night went on for Harry to sing some more songs which he gladly did and people gladly listened.

When the night was over Dave guaranteed that he had the job. Harry hugged Zayn happily. " How can I thank you for this? It feels like saying ' ' ' thank you' isn't enough."

" You can always come over to the party I'm having tomorrow night at my house."  Zayn said and raised an eyebrow. " Are you guys coming?" Harry asked and eyed Liam and Niall with curiousity.

" Yes we've already accepted." Niall replied.

" Great, then I'll be there too."