Precious Things

Those of you who are already shipping Osimoff will more than likely like this interlude. ;)

Enjoy!

***

"Clara!"

Clara turned, tilting her head as Pietro ran up to her. "Yeah?"

"Just wanted to ask," Pietro said. "Did you like it?"

Clara smiled. "Yeah," she nodded. "Thanks for taking care of the Vigils."

"Well, Wanda had something to do with that, too," he shrugged. "But yeah, that's a day to day Avengers thing."

Clara licked her lips, looking back at the TARDIS. "Do you think I could learn?" she asked suddenly. "I mean, how to defend myself like that?"

"You'd have a very tough teacher," Pietro warned. "The Bad Wolf's the best in the business for a reason. After a recent . . . incident," he decided on saying, "she's been focusing more and more on offense and defense. They called her Mad Wolf for a reason. She goes berserk. You'd have to work. And when you work, you come away feeling sore all over."

"She works with you and Wanda?" Clara guessed.

"All the time. She takes companions' safety very seriously, Clara."

"Good," Clara nodded. "I'll take it seriously, too."

"I'll make sure to tell her," Pietro promised. "But, one more thing."

"What?" Clara frowned, only to gasp when he pulled one hand out of his pocket and offer her mother's ring to her. "How?!"

"Couldn't exactly get the translation," Pietro shrugged. "I think Dor'een said that what the Bad Wolf offered was enough a price for all three." He grinned. "Besides, I had already sped past and grabbed it, so . . . "

"Thank you," Clara breathed, putting the ring back on. "Thank you so much!"

"It's important to hang onto what family you have," Pietro said seriously. "That's why it was hard to consider giving up the last picture I have of my family to pay for one of the mopeds."

"Sokovia," Clara whispered, and Pietro nodded grimly. She stood on her toes and kissed Pietro's cheek. "Thank you," she emphasized as she walked backwards toward her house. "For everything."

Pietro smiled. "My pleasure, Miss Oswald."

Clara grinned and turned, running back to the house. Pietro grinned back, going back to the TARDIS.

***

"You visited her mother's grave just to make sure?"

"I know, I know, I'm going mad over this," Jessie mocked the Doctor's voice as she roundhouse kicked the punching bag in the training room, the Doctor watching with a raised eyebrow. "I've heard it enough times already."

"I am honestly getting worried about your sanity, Jessie."

"Oh, please," Jessie rolled her eyes as she turned back to him, raising an eyebrow. "I am not going mad."

"Well, if you say so. By the way . . . " The Doctor pulled something out of his pocket, and Jessie's eyes widened. "They wanted you to have these back."

Jessie slowly walked over, reaching out. The Doctor handed River's journal, wrapped with the bow tie, back to her. "Why?"

"You saved them," the Doctor answered simply. "That's how I know you won't go over the line. There are times when you act like you don't care. You always do."

Jessie ran her fingers over the book, then sighed. "I'm sorry I'm worrying you."

"I'm not doing my duties as a loving husband and blood bonded if I'm not," the Doctor joked.

Jessie laughed, putting the diary down on the bench when Pietro and Wanda came in, dressed in workout clothes. "Bad Wolf," Pietro said.

"How did the date with Clara go?" Jessie smirked.

"It was not a date."

"You run out after her with no explanation as to what you're doing," the Doctor smirked. "Date."

Pietro just snorted. "Speaking of Clara, actually, she asked about being able to defend herself. She wants you to help."

Jessie's eyebrows shot up. "Me?"

"Her?" the Doctor echoed, only to wince when Jessie punched him in the arm. "Ow!"

"I warned her," Pietro nodded. "But she wants to learn."

"All right," Jessie nodded. "I'll talk with her next time. In the meantime . . . " She smirked. "How many was it last time?"

"Thirty," Wanda sighed, rolling out the kinks in her neck.

"Liar. It was forty. Add another five."

"Fifty?!" Wanda gawked at her.

"Want another five?"

The Doctor just laughed as the twins groaned. "You're mad," Pietro decided as he got down to do the pushups.

"Tough," Jessie smirked as the Doctor sat down on the bench to watch. "For that, you get another five."

"Hey!"

The Doctor and Wanda both laughed hysterically at that.

***

Because there are four resident badasses on the TARDIS, I thought Clara would want to be able to pull her weight and be able to help herself, not count on superpowers or others to do it for her. Hence, she'll get to the badass stage, too.

After all . . . I can confirm she definitely will be part of Civil War. }:)

"The Time of Angels" and "Flesh and Stone" are next for Caly!