Hide

When you love how easy the beginning of your school day is. :) I need it after yesterday. We found out just how hard it is to learn AP Calculus when your teacher isn't there. Thank God for the AP Honors teacher who had a class of six so she could come in and help. :)

Anyway, there's a ghost but not really a ghost, a bit of innuendo, and the Doctor is a bit of a battering ram. :P Also, never really realized just how much I really like the pairing of Alec and Emma. :)

Enjoy "Hide!"

***

"I might have preferred the obstacle course," Pietro looked up at the house they were approaching.

"We can always put it on the list," Jessie smirked.

"I believe I will pass for now.

"Suit yourself."

The Doctor knocked on the door of Caliburn House, then grinned and ducked off to the side. Jessie sighed and rolled her eyes before doing the same on the opposite side of the door. The Maximoffs joined her side, Clara with the Doctor. A man opened the door and frowned, looking out. The Doctor then jumped out with a shout of "BOO!" The man jumped, startled, and the Doctor laughed. "Hello. We're looking for a ghost."

"And you are?" the man sputtered.

Clara spun out next, grinning and tapping her umbrella against her palm. "Ghostbusters!"

"Actually, they're the Doctor and Clara," Jessie clapped them on the shoulders as she came out. "I'm the Bad Wolf, this is Pietro, and his sister, Wanda."

The Doctor held up his psychic paper, and the man frowned. "Doctor what?"

"If you like," he shrugged. "Ah, but you are very different," he ran inside to investigate the man's equipment, a young woman looking at him, startled. "You are Major Alec Palmer, member of the Baker Street Irregulars, the ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare, specialized in espionage, sabotage, and reconnaissance behind enemy lines. You're a talented watercolorist, professor of psychology, and ghost hunter. Total pleasure, massive."

"Actually, you're wrong," the young woman said. "Professor Palmer spent most of the war as a POW."

"Actually, that's a like told by a very brave man involved in very secret operations," Jessie corrected.

"The type of man who keeps a Victoria Cross in a box in the attic, eh?" the Doctor rocked on his heels. "But you know that, because you're Emma Grayling, the Professor's companion."

"Assistant," she corrected.

"It's 1974. You're the assistant and non-objective equipment, meaning psychic."

"Which means he thinks that's cool," Jessie patted Emma's arm, the poor woman looking terribly confused.

"Relax, Emma," Alec told her. "They're Military Intelligence. So, whats is all this in aid of?"

"Health and safety," the Doctor went with the classic excuse, Jessie sighing and hanging her head at it. "Yeah, the Ministry got wind of what's going on down here. Sent us to check that everything's in order."

"They don't have the right!"

"We'll be out of your hair in five minutes," Jessie shook her head.

"Oh!" the Doctor started examining the equipment. "Oh, look. Oh, lovely! The ACR 99821. Oh, bliss! Nice action on the toggle switches. You know, I do love a toggle switch. Actually, I like the word toggle. Nice noun. Excellent verb." Clara went to investigate, only for the Doctor to poke her away. "Oi! Don't mess with the settings!"