The Name of the Doctor

And let the good times roll! We're onto the finales, guys! Woohoo! :D

Clara meets a dead woman, Trenzalore is visited, and Simeon attempts to have his revenge. What happens afterwards is a double whammy.

Enjoy "The Name of the Doctor!"

***

Clara hummed to herself as she took out various ingredients, mixing them all into a bowl. Angie looked over from where she was working on homework, and she groaned when she saw what Clara was doing. "Oh, no. You're going to try and make a soufflé again, aren't you?"

"My mum's soufflé, yeah," Clara nodded. "Although this time, I'll get it right. This time, I will be Soufflé Girl."

"How can it be your mum's soufflé if you're making it?" Artie asked.

"Because, Artie, it's like my mum always said," Clara answered. "The soufflé isn't the soufflé. The soufflé is the recipe."

Angie snorted. "Was your mum deep on puddings?"

"She was a great woman," Clara defended her before frowning when she saw an envelope sitting nearby. Picking it up, she frowned when she saw it was addressed to her. "What's this?"

"Oh, it arrived today," Angie answered. "It's for you."

Clara flipped it over, looking at the wax seal, before seeing the instructions on the flap: Open When Alone. She made an excuse and went upstairs to open it, reading. "My dearest Clara, the Doctor entrusted me with your contact details in the events of an emergency, and I fear one has now arisen. Assuming this letter will have reached you as planned on April the 10th, 2021, please find and light the enclosed candle." Clara pulled it out, wondering why, then looked back at the letter. "It will release a soporific which will induce a trance state, enabling direct communication across the years." Clara abruptly dropped the candle and hurriedly wiped her hand off on her skirt, finishing the letter. "However, as I realize you have no reason to trust this letter, I have taken the liberty of embedding the same soporific into the fabric of the paper you are now holding. Speak soon."

Clara's eyes widened, then rolled up into her head as she collapsed.

***

She jerked up when she landed in a chair of some sort, looking around to see Vastra, Jenny, and Strax at the five-sided table as well, tea laid out. "So glad you could make it," Vastra smiled.

Clara looked around, surprised by the dreamscape. "Where am I?"

"Exactly where you were, but sleeping," Jenny answered as Vastra passed Clara a cup of tea.

"Time travel has always been possible in dreams," Vastra explained. We are awaiting only one more participant."

"Oh, no," Strax groaned. "Not the one with the gigantic head!"

"It's hair, Strax," Jenny sighed.

He huffed. "Hair," he said in disgust.

There was a puff of smoke from beside Clara, and she blinked as a woman in a white dress and robe appeared with wildly curly hair. "Madame Vastra," River Song smiled in greeting.

"Professor," Vastra nodded. "Help yourself to some tea."

"Why, thank you," River smirked, only to create a champagne bottle and flute for herself.

Jenny blinked. "How did you do that?"

"Disgracefully," River winked, taking a drink, only to pause when she saw Clara.