The Smartest Thing

. . . it has just occurred to me that all that is left is "The Crimson Horror," "Nightmare in Silver," and the three "___ of the Doctor" episodes before we get to the 12s. O.O YAY!!!!! I love Smidarrio, and I'll miss them so much, but I cannot wait to get to the 12s. Boy, do I have stuff planned for them. }:)

Anyway, the Maximoffs fill Clara in on some of the more terrifying things the Time Lords have done, and she finally gets to see the duo in action, even if it isn't life or death.

Enjoy!

***

"And the look on the Doctor's face when he saw her in the cradle," Pietro shook his head as Clara stared at him wide-eyed. "Things scare me, but his face terrified me."

"With how much he's usually against fighting, it's hard to believe they really fought in Sokovia," Clara admitted.

"They fought, and they were two of the five who dealt the final blow to Ultron," Wanda shook her head. "Even though I crushed his core, they were the ones that disabled him enough for it to work."

"But Demons Run was what terrified me the most," Pietro added thoughtfully, taking another drink of his tea. "I thought Martha was just trying to scare us."

"Demons Run?" Clara frowned. "Demons run when a good man goes to war?"

"That's where it comes from," Wanda nodded grimly. "A woman made a very big mistake when she decided to take the Bad Wolf from the Doctor. When the Doctor realized the Bad Wolf and Amy Pond that were with him weren't actually them . . . " She shivered. "Martha said it did not end well."

"He made an army of UNIT, SHIELD, Asgardians, the Avengers, Silurians, Judoon, and every person he and the Bad Wolf had saved during their time together," Pietro nodded. "It was so massive, they outnumbered Kovarian's forces ten to one."

Clara's jaw dropped. "The Doctor did that?"

"Demons run when a good man goes to war," Wanda shrugged. "And it was not long after Demons Run that Ultron came."

"I don't believe it," Clara shook her head. "That would scare me to death."

"Believe me, Clara," Pietro gave her a look. "Being scared of them would probably be the smartest thing anyone could do."

"Speaking of them, where are they?" Clara looked around.

Wanda tilted her head, eyes flashing scarlet, when she grinned. "Sparring."

"They are?" Clara's eyes lit up.

In a flash, they were all up out of their seats and heading for the training room. Sure enough, when they arrived, the Doctor had taken off his overcoat, shirt sleeves rolled up, and was circling the floor with Jessie. "Oh, this will be good," Pietro chuckled.

"You could have asked," the Doctor called, not taking his eyes off of Jessie.

"You always do this when we are not around," Wanda shook her head.

"Well, then, Clara," Jessie smirked. "This is how the professionals do it."

Clara's eyes bugged wide open when she did a backwards somersault in midair, locking her legs around the Doctor's neck. He merely fell back and did a backwards roll, her under him, making her let go. He rolled back into a crouch, jumping back to his feet as Jessie swung around on her heel, bringing her fists up into ready position. "You were saying?" the Doctor quirked an eyebrow.

Jessie just growled and sprang forward. The Doctor jumped up, blocking what punches she threw at him. At one point, he grabbed her wrist with one hand and her shoulder with his other, yanking her down, twisting her arm in the process. Jessie just did a flip and grabbed his shirt collar from behind his head. The Doctor ducked, as if letting her do it, before grabbing her ankle with one hand and tugging. Yelping, Jessie fell flat on her back. As she did, however, her other foot swung and knocked the Doctor's feet out from under him. He crashed onto the ground, too, and Jessie quickly rolled away.

Clara watched, eyes wide. "Oh, my God."

"Scared of them yet?" Pietro asked as he watched the sparring increase in intensity, neither Time Lord going easy on the other.

"Definitely."

"Good," Wanda told her. "Now imagine them fighting on the same side against hundreds of robots in Sokovia." Clara's face blanched of all color. "Now you know how I felt when I learned who we were up against back when they raided HYDRA."

"Believe me, Clara, you never want to get on their bad sides," Pietro shook his head.

"I definitely don't."

"Smartest idea ever," the Doctor called before kicking Jessie's feet out from under her and grabbing her by the neck, flipping her twice in midair before slamming her onto the mat, straddling her. "I win."

She smirked. "I yield."

Clara whistled. "They can fight."

"And no one has been able to beat her except him," Pietro nodded. "May whatever gods exist protect the universe if she turns and he can't stop her."

And that scared Clara more than anything else.

***

That is not foreshadow . . . or is it? XD Lol, probably not, but that would be interesting.

"The Idiot's Lantern" is next for Mara, and when "The Crimson Horror" comes round, there will be some guests! :D