Nightmare in Silver

Oh, this was a blast to write. Battles all around!

Clara leads the fight against the Cybermen, the Doctor takes on the Cyber-Planner, and what's Jessie's role in all of this? All I can say: it gets badass at the end.

Enjoy "Nightmare in Silver!"

***

The Doctor poked his head outside the TARDIS, followed by Clara, who was followed by the Maitlands. "Oh, come on, it won't kill you," Jessie rolled her eyes as she just walked out, Pietro and Wanda snickering as they followed.

"Well, here we are," the Doctor jumped out onto what appeared to be the moon's surface, the U.S. flag standing straight nearby. "Hedgewick's World, the biggest and best amusement park there will ever be, and we've got a golden ticket. Eh? Eh?" He jumped onto one of the rocks, grinning widely. "Fun."

"Fun?" Clara repeated.

"Your stupid box can't even get us to the right place," Angie complained. "This is like a moon base or something."

"It's not the moon," the Doctor shook his head.

"Actually, I think it does look like the moon," Artie tilted his head. "Only dirtier."

"How would you know?" Jessie raised an eyebrow. "Have you ever been to the moon?"

"That's rude," the Doctor pointed to her.

Jessie held out a strand of her dark hair, having chosen to quit the blonde dye. "I'm not ginger," she countered.

"And it's not the moon, right," the Doctor conceded. "It's a Spacey Zoomer ride, or it was."

A door in one of the big rocks opened, and a man wearing a top hat looked out. "Psst," he hissed, making them all turn to him. "Excuse I. I don't suppose you happen to be my lift off planet? Dave's Discount Interstellar Removals?"

"Time Lords' Time and Space Tours, more like it," Pietro raised an eyebrow.

"Actually, that's not bad," the Doctor admitted. "Except we don't give tours.

"Point is, no, we're not," Clara told the man.

The man huffed. "They were meant to be here six months ago. Well, that's Dave for you, see? Unreliable."

"Stay where you are!" a woman's voice shouted.

"Oops," the man ducked back inside.

Jessie instantly placed herself between the Maitlands and the woman's voice, drawing her blaster and aiming at the blonde woman in combat fatigues that ran in, her men coming from all sides, Pietro and Wanda taking up other positions. "Throw down your weapons and identify yourselves," she ordered.

"You first," Jessie countered.

"No, no weapons," the Doctor waved Jessie down, who glared at him as he held up the golden ticket he had. "Golden ticket, Spacey Zoomer, free ice cream?"

"Who are you?" the woman scowled. "This planet is closed by Imperial order."

The Doctor took the opportunity. "How's this?" he asked, holding up his psychic paper, Jessie following soon after.

The woman blanched. "Oh. Welcome, Proconsul, General. I wish they'd told us you were coming. Any news of the Emperor?"

"Oh, the Emperor," the Doctor shook his head. "No, no. None that you'd, er - "

"We pray for his return," the captain nodded. "If there is anything you need, my platoon is at your service."

"Right," the Doctor nodded. "Righty-o. Well, carry on, Captain."