Journey to the Center of the TARDIS

Finally, our projector at church works! It's been shutting off before the second service, which is bad because we project the words in our bulletin up front, and we had no idea what was going on. Turns out someone just didn't readjust the timer after service times changed. Oops. XD

It's a maze through the TARDIS, but the Time Lords try to innuendo their way through rough spots. ;) Also, very sorry if there are important skips (i.e. I flat out give the bros' names and I don't include the part where they first brought the TARDIS in), but this was a difficult episode to write. Bear with it - I promise good things for "The Crimson Horror."

Enjoy "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS!"

***

"You said - !"

"I know what I said!" Clara snapped as she and the Doctor headed around the console, Pietro and Wanda shaking in laughter as they watched, Jessie just watching with an eyebrow quirked. "I was the one who said it!"

"You said it was looking at you funny!"

"I was tired, overwrought! I didn't mean it! It's an appliance, it does its job."

"It's a pretty cool appliance. We're not talking cheese grater here."

"You're not getting me to talk to your ship. That's properly bonkers."

"No hard feelings meant, Idris," Jessie patted the time rotor, hearing the TARDIS whir at that.

Clara shook her head, looking at Pietro. "Does he ever remind you of one of those guys who can't go out with a girl unless his mother approves?"

"His mother did," Pietro pointed at Jessie. "That's the proof."

Jessie snorted loudly as the Doctor rolled his eyes. "It's important to me you get along," the Doctor explained. "I could leave you two alone together."

"Now you're creeping me out," Clara wrinkled her nose.

"Have her take the wheel," Jessie suggested.

"Good idea!" the Doctor grinned, pointing at her. "No, not the wheel. I'll make it easy. Shut it down to basic mode for you."

"Basic?" Clara scowled. "Because I'm a girl?"

"No," the Doctor shook his head as he turned a key.

"It took me a long time to learn how to even assist flying the TARDIS," Jessie explained as she walked around the console. "Before I turned into who I am, I started off as a companion, too, and that was back when he was crabbier than he is now."

"Crabby?" the Doctor repeated, looking up, eyes wide. "Is that what you and Jack called me back then?"

"We wouldn't have dared," Jessie drawled sarcastically, making the Maximoffs burst out laughing. "But the point is, Jack and I did learn how to fly the TARDIS after a while, but it took work. Start small, work your way up."

"OK," Clara nodded, taking a deep breath. "Then where do I start?"

"Right here," Jessie pointed to one control. Clara nodded and reached out to take it.

The moment she did, the power shut down. Everyone froze, and Clara blinked. "What have I done?"

"Er . . . " The Doctor and Jessie exchanged wary looks. "OK."

"Doctor?" Wanda asked, looking back and forth between them as they ran around the console rapidly. "Bad Wolf?"

Jessie spat something out when she saw one screen. Pietro instantly knew it wasn't good because the Doctor shouted, "Language!" right after she said it.