Chapter Two

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout."

Her purple eyes stare at the transparent glass ceiling.

"Down came the rain and washed the spider out."

Her greasy hair is sprawled out on the floor, hair that hasn't been washed in a long time.

"Out came the sun and dried up all the rain."

Someone loudly knocks on the glass wall of her cell, making her snap her head to the side.

"Shut up, freaky bitch!" The guard commands, interrupting her singing.

"And the itsy bitsy spider went up spout again." She whispers.

Ava Wilson sighs. She sits up on the smooth concrete floor, glaring at the guard that silenced her.

She grabs the sleeves of her orange prison jumpsuit that are wrapped around her waist, and starts playing with them. Her dirty white under shirt acts as a regular shirt instead of the top part of the prison jump suit.

She slowly stands up, her bare feet making contact with the freezing concrete. She tugs at the black collar that's chafing against her neck. The collar covers up half the star tattooed on her neck. The black box on the front flows with purple energy.

She twirls around, the sleeves of the jumpsuit fly up in the air. She keeps humming the children's song as she twirls.

"Hey! I said shut up!" The guard interrupts again, making Ava stop twirling.

Ava looks at the guard in the eyes and smirks. She raises her hand and flips him off, making the guard even more mad.

He glares at the young woman, quickly fumbling to grab the remote. He pulls it out, waving it in a taunting way in front of Ava.

Her expression doesn't change, only angering the guard more. He quickly clicks the only button on there.

Ava cries out in pain and falls to the ground, due to the collar shocking her. The guard presses the button once more, making her back arch upwards.

She groans in annoyance as she sits up. Glaring at the guard, who's remote is now put away, she slowly stands back up.

She sticks her tongue out at him the second he turns back around. Her bare feet slap the ground as she starts pacing once more.

She hears the familiar sound of boots walking towards her, making her stop and clench her fists.

She takes a calming breath. "Griggs, what other 'lovely' surprises do you have for me today?" She growls at the douchebag standing at the door.

She turns around, only to find out the douchebag isn't alone. In front of him is a black woman who looks strong and stern. Amanda Waller, they call her.

Beside her is a solider, dressed with all shoulder gear. A few guards flank behind the two, creating a small group.

Ava narrows her eyes at the two new comers. "Who are you?" Ava asks, not used to people other than assholes here to mock her.

Amanda Waller looks at Griggs, silently commanding him to do something. Griggs eyes widen at the thought.

"You want us to leave you two alone, with her?" He demands, his southern accent shining through. "Ma'am, she will kill you if she has the chance to be near you."

"We are perfectly capable of conversing through the glass wall. She can hear me, correct?" Griggs nods in response. "That's all I need. Now, you and your men stand down."