Chapter Twelve

Now that everything was back on track, the squad had no trouble navigating through the broken city towards the swirling vortex of lightning in the sky.

Once near the building, Captain Boomerang uses one of his many boomerangs and throws it to show the squad. On a tablet in Rick's hands, the boomerang reveals the Enchantress. She waves her arms as if conducting the lightning.

"We think that thing is a weapon." Rick states. "Here, lower."

Digger does as instructed and lowers the controlled boomerang, giving the squad a better view. A taller male stands beside her, conversing with the created goopy monsters.

The Enchantress looks straight at the camera and the view becomes static. Captain Boomerang throws the tablet down with anger.

"We gotta take out the big one." Floyd states, thinking over the layout of the building.

"What was that thing?" Ava asks.

"Enchantress' brother." immediately answers Rick. "I left a big ass demo charge down there in that subway. There's a flooded tunnel that leads right underneath that building. SEALs, they can recover the charge, swim in underneath that thing's feet. We get in it's face and distract that son of a bitch so the-"

Ava stops listening. She raises her fingers slightly, ignoring everyone as they ignore her. Eyes glowing neon purple, the same neon purple energy flows throughout her fingertips and towards the building where the Enchantress inhabits.

Though it's not her usual comfort distance, she pushes through. Purple energy streaks through the doorway and into the main room. As if sensing it, Ava lifts her head slightly and smirks to herself.

Like lightning, the purple streaks strike, right at the Enchantress' head. Ava's smirk widens as she realizes how easy it was to get inside the witch's head.

"Hey there." Ava stands in front of the Enchantress, back in the cave she was found in.

The Enchantress tilts her head. "This is the vision?"

Ava raises an eyebrow. "Did you expect ponies and rainbows?" She retorts.

"I did expect better."

"Sorry I didn't set this in the White House. Your mind didn't seem to like the government." Ava smirks. "I just wanna chat."

Enchantress raises her head slightly. "Then speak."

Ava pulls down her hood. "So, what's with all of...this?" She asks gesturing towards the empty cave. "Not the cave, the blue streaks of lightning and weapons and such."

"The world will bow to us once again."

"Again?" Ava clarifies. "Oh yeah! You and your brother! You guys were gods, correct?"

"You dare defy our power? Foolish mortal. You bow down to us. We are gods and always have been."

"Oh come on, darling. I'm not just a mortal. You know that." Ava smirks.

Ava's body slowly starts disappearing from the bottom of her feet to the top. She gives another smirk as she waves goodbye to the Enchantress.

"My friends and I will stop you and your large imagination of taking over the world."

Ava lowers her hands. She turns around only to notice all but Killer Croc were staring at her. "What the hell are you looking at?"

"What was that?" Harley chuckles.