Epilogue

"The itsy bitsy spider, climbed up the water spout,"

Purple eyes stare at the falling sun.

"Down came the rain and washed the spider out,"

Clean, cut, and straightened hair rests behind her back in a short ponytail, revealing the small black tattoo on her neck.

"Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,"

She takes a sharp intake of breath, slightly surprised no one interrupts.

"And the itsy bitsy spider climbs up the spout again."

It has been a few years since she left the Suicide Squad. Not one person, especially Amanda Waller, has been looking for her.

None that she knew of, anyway.

The warm breeze blows on her face. Today is a special day for her. Today, marks four years of not killing anyone.

Her parents were both born in Florida. Both met in Florida and gave birth to Ava in Florida. Ava sits in front of her old beach house, staying at the view like she did as a child.

Memories of her childhood make her smile slightly. She remembers her old friends and her, running around on the beach and throwing sand at each other. She remembers being called lucky to live so close to the beach.

Then she moved to Gotham. It changed her, Gotham did. Made her into the twenty-five year old person she is today.

She gave up on her hunt for the Joker, realizing there's more to life than revenge. Her parents wouldn't have wanted her to kill people.

She tucks a loose strand of her dyed blonde hair behind her ear. The sound of the waves stop her shaky breath, calming her down.

She started hating it a few months back. She was done with the drama that came with being a villain. She was done with the Joker.

But he wasn't done with her.

A small tear falls down her cheek, yet she makes no move to wipe it away. She leaves it there in her pale cheek.

She takes one last shaky deep breath. She can't make a move now or else she'll get shot in the head. She doesn't have enough time.

Even if she wanted to save herself, she wouldn't. Right here, right now, Ava Wilson is ready to leave the world.

"I'm ready." She states, her voice now barely above a whisper.

A loud bang erupts from behind her.

It was quick, painless, and barely felt. She sits still for a few moments, before falling to her side, arms beside her on the bench. Blood gushes from the bullet sized hole in the back and front of her head.

Ava Wilson spent two years of her life on what could've been a happy one. She wasted her young years searching for a revenge murder that would never happen.

For the past four years, she's tried to make it up and rebuild herself.

But he still held a grudge.

Ava Wilson left the world on Tuesday, July 21st, 2020, 6:27 p.m., on a vacant Florida beach.

Ava Wilson is dead.

---------

Yeah, I killed her off.

Any of y'all like this:

Or this:

I want to say, thank you

I want to say, thank you. You guys have been an awesome group of readers that have supported me since the beginning!

It has been four months and this book has already reached 21k reads!

This has been an awesome journey when writing, and I can thank you guys enough.

To those who stuck with me on my many week absences:

This probably wasn't the happy, awesome ending you guys wished for, but it's what I got

#957 in Fanfic!

I love you guys!

12/15/16