Chapter Ten

Everyone watches Amanda with hate in their eyes. Ava finally gets off her knees, her strength regained.

Ava wasn't a huge fan of Harley, mainly because of her lover, but she didn't deserve to die. Not like this, anyway.

"Stand by, I'll send another helo!" She instructs from the helicopter. Soon, she disappears into the air.

Ava watches as Rick saunters off with G.Q. and a few other SEALs. They began whispering to one another as they wait for a helicopter.

"Ops just confirmed." G.Q. states loud enough for the squad to here. "She's down. 1k West."

Rick nods and moves back to the Suicide Squad. "Lets go get her." He mumbles.

Ava, in anger and confident, pushes his chest back as he tries to get past her and Floyd. "What the hell is going on, Flag?" She demands.

"The mission's not over." Rick replies casually.

"Nah, it is for me." Floyd argues. "We had a deal."

Rick shakes his head. "Without Waller, you got nothing."

The two watch as he shoves past them once more. Ava runs her hand through her greasy blood matted hair.

She looks at Floyd, who only gives a curt nod. "Let's go."

----------

The team ignored the broken staircase, the random fires, cracked walls, and blasted glass they created as they descend the long staircase. Their mutual hatred for Amanda doesn't stop them from looking for her.

It shouldn't be far, Rick stated a while back as they descended the stairs. They exit through the front door in hopes that Amanda's helicopter is nearby.

Rain falls on them, soaking Ava's blood covered cloak and washing the blood off her dirty face.

They all stop at the sight of the familiar face only a few yards a head of them.

Harley Quinn sits on the broken car. The rain caused her makeup to run and her pigtails to sag and stick together. The Queen of Gotham sits on the car, depressed.

Harley quickly notices the group and lays on her side. She raises an arm in the air and gives a grin. Even a moron could tell she was crying.

"Hey, guys! I'm back!" She exclaims. "I missed you all so much!"

Ava frowns at the blonde's use of sarcasm. Is she really part of this team?

Floyd squints through the rain, sensing the sarcasm as well. "We're glad you could make it."

Harley gives a sad smile. She allows Floyd to help her down from the car. Not even a second after, the squad resumes their journey to the core of Midway City. Captain Boomerang tosses Harley her bat. "Hey craziness."

Ava ignored the others, already ahead of Harley and the rest of the squad.

Somebody nudges her arm with their elbow. "Back away, Boomerang." She commands.

"That's Captain Boomerang to you." He jokes, giving a grin. Ava's eyes glow purple, making Captain Boomerang fly back a few feet with her telekinesis.

He jogs next to her again. "Oh don't be like that, mate. I was just messin with ya."

"What do you want?" Ava commands as her eyes return to their usually color.