Chapter Eight

Ava rubs her eyes, sleepiness hitting her like a brick after the small fight her and the squad just fought.

Though she's very tired, her willingness to not have her head blown off prevails.

She looks around, only now noticing that the other squadron hasn't returned. The rest of the squad doesn't seem to notice. Rick is looking around every corner and street, looking for them.

Ava jumps slightly as a large crash sounds throughout the street. Everyone spins around, aiming whatever weapon the possess at the sound.

Harley stands there, putting her bat by her side. She steps over broken glass and grabs an expensive small purse off the mannequin.

"Seriously?" Rick scoffs. "What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Harley rolls her eyes and swings her new purse over her shoulder. "We're bad guys, it's what we do."

Ava chuckles slightly, though she knew better than to trust the insane blonde. The squad continues to move, avoiding destroyed cars and more rubble.

Floyd stops at another display, staring at a pink snow jacket with surrounding fluff on the hood.

"You really care for her, don't you?" Ava asks as he stares at the replica of his daughter's jacket. "That was the jacket she was wearing when you got caught."

Floyd nods, giving a sad smile. "She likes wearing stuff like this. Pink is her color."

Ava returns the sad smile. "You're a good Dad. She's lucky to have a father like you."

"Do I get to know your actual name? I didn't exactly get a real name when we first met. Everyone here calls you 'Control'."

Ava giggles at her new friend's curiosity, realizing herself that nobody on the squad knows her real name.

"Ava."

"Ava?" Floyd chuckles. "I did not expect and innocent name like Ava for a girl like you. Glad to know."

"Wow, you're the first person to say that." Ava chuckles.

Floyd watches Ava as she walks away to catch up with the squad. Though he doesn't know much about the young woman, he can tell she's not as bad or villainous as she seems.

Once the two finally catch up to the squad, they all stop, only to see Rick kneels on the ground, as if becoming a team captain to give an inspirational speech.

He points to the building in front of the group. "Our body's at the top of that building. We get up there, pull them out of the vault they're hiding in, Helos will extract us off the roof." Rick explains.

The squad looks at the building labeled John F. Ostrander Federal Building before them. Rick stands up before leading the squad towards the building.

Floyd groans in annoyance before quickly walking past the squad and towards the entrance.

"What do ya say we get this over with?" He asks as Rick widens his eyes.

Rick shakes his head. "What the hell?Deadshot, fall back!"

Floyd ignores him. He shows his act of defiance by using his gun to smash the glass doors. The glass shatters onto the tile floor. The squad, but Rick, grins at the act.

Ava, followed by the squad, walks into the building. The tile floor is covered in dirt, glass, and stone. She clutches a knife, pushing her cloak out of the way to grab it. The security cameras are miraculously still on, watching the squad as the observe their surroundings.