Chapter Eleven

"Drink?" Harley offers the brunette.

"I don't drink." Ava answers simply. Her hood is down, revealing her dirt covered face and the tear streaks down her cheek.

Floyd, sitting beside her, only watches Ava as she stares at the bar.

Harley shrugs at the answer and pours a shot for Floyd on her left and El Diablo on her right. Floyd raises his glass in the air.

"To honor among thieves." He announces.

"I'm not a thief." Katana mutters, not using her native tongue. She takes a seat at the end of the bar. Killer Croc sits in a booth behind and Captain Boomerang sits on the other end. Harley stands behind the bar, ready to bartend to anyone's needs.

Floyd shrugs. "She's not a thief." He whispers in amusement as they all, but Ava, clink their glasses together.

"I need to hurt someone." Ava mumbles to herself as she taps her calloused fingers on the bar.

"Well, we almost pulled it off, despite what everyone thought. Worst part of it is, they're gonna blame us for the whole thing, and they can't have people knowing the truth."

Harley nods as she sips her margarita.

"We're the patsies; the cover-up." Floyd continues. "Don't forget, we're the bad guys. For about two sweet seconds, I had hope."

El Diablo looks up, glaring at Floyd through his tattooed eyelids. "You had hope, huh? Hope don't stop from turning the wheel, my brother."

"You preaching?"

"It's coming back around for you." El Diablo explains. "How many people you killed, man?"

Ava's head snaps towards El Diablo, scoffing at him. "You don't ask a question like that, fuckhead."

"You ain't never whacked no women? No kids?" El Diablo asks Ava and Floyd, now.

"I don't kill women or children." Floyd answers.

"I don't kill pregnant women or children." Ava responds.

"I kill both." El Diablo grimaces. "See, I was born with the Devil's gift. I kept it hidden for most of my life, but the older I got, the stronger it got. So, I started using it. For business, you know. The more power on the street I got, the more fire power I got. Like, that shit went hand in hand. One was feeding the other. Ain't nobody tell me no." He sighs, remembering whatever horrid memory he's had. "Except for my old lady. She used to pray for me, even when I didn't want it."

"God didn't give me this." He continues, igniting a flame in the palm of his hand. "Why should he take it away? When I'm mad...I lose control. You know, I just...I don't know what I'd do." The flame becomes the shape of a dancing woman. Ava's bitterness calms itself as she watches the flame with interest and amazement. El Diablo puts a cup over the flame. The woman suddenly looks scared and tries to break free, but it dies out. "...Until it's done."

"And the kids?" Boomerang pipes up.

"He killed them." Ava answers. "I can see the grief in your profile, you killed them."

El Diablo looks as if he's about to cry. "Own that shit!" Harley snaps. "Own it!" She glares. "What do you think was gonna happen? Huh? What you thought you can have a happy family? Coach little leagues? Make car payments?"

Ava glares at Harley. El Diablo just confessed his wrong doings and all Harley is saying is that El Diablo could've never had a normal life.

"That's enough, Quinn." Ava spats.