Chapter 9

Y/N's POV:
As soon as I dropped my bag on the couch I slumped down next to it. I was pretty tired and hadn't gotten much sleep lately and I don't know why. I hear a knock on my door and I assume it's Lauren, so I decide I'd mess with her a little more. I opened the door and said, "Have you come back here to confess your undying love for me?"

"Oh, um isn't that a little too soon?" A different voice said, Tori.

"Tori! What are you doing here! I thought you were Lauren!" I said contently, my whole face lighting up at the sight of her and hugging her tightly. She hugged me back, but not as hard as I did.

"I was going to surprise you, just like how you surprised me, at your favorite park. But...there was a little misunderstanding, so I had to come to your apartment instead." Tori said solemnly, letting go of me.

"What kind of misunderstanding?" I asked, closing the door behind us.

"So I arrived at the park, and saw you and Lauren...and this guy. I saw you laughing with him and stuff...then you hugged him and kissed his cheek, so I assumed, you know, that-"

"I was dating him?" I interrupted.

"Yeah? Look, I don't know what came over me or whatever but I got upset and left. Like Y/N...I don't know...I felt strange." Tori looked down at her feet.

"Tori, you do realize what you were feeling was jealousy, right?" I took her hand in mine.

She scoffed and said,"Uhm nooo. I was not jealous."

"Don't deny it babe. Youuu have a crush on meeee." I said playfully, looking at Tori with gleaming eyes.

Tori took a deep breath and said, "Y/N, I just want you to know, that you are a very beautiful and intelligent girl. I appreciate you so much. And I guess I'll admit it...yes. I was jealous. I was jealous because I thought I had lost my chances with you. Why did I think I had a chance with you? I don't know. I really feel like you're out of my league."

I stood there, stunned. Was Tori Kelly admitting that she liked me? "Tori, are you kidding me? I think you're out of my league. I never thought I'd get a chance with you. Like, ever."

"Are you serious? So...does this mean what I think it means?" Tori looked at me hopefully.

"I hope it does. Because I really like you Tori. You don't even know..."

"Is this for real? Because if it is, I really like you too. I missed you so much Y/N." Tori let go of my hand and gave me a tight embrace. I placed my arms around her and took in her scent. She always smelled so sweet. We let go and Tori asked me one last question, "So, you're not interested in this guy, right?"

I sighed and replied with, "No Tori. I am not attracted to Luis. He's gay. He's been a really good friend of mine since high school and he's going to introduce me to his boyfriend tomorrow during dinner. You're welcome to come if you want to."

"Oh...oh! Uh yes! I'd like to come. I'm so sorry Y/N. I've blown this completely out of proportion. I feel so bad." Tori placed a hand over her forehead and just stood like that for a good 5 minutes.

"Tori, it's okay. You didn't know. Come on, let's catch up. Sit down with me." I lead her to my living room and sat her down next to me.

"You know, I want to hear all about you Y/N. I miss talking to you and hearing all your funny jokes."

"You did? I thought my jokes were lame. Where are you staying tonight, by the way?"