Chapter 11

Y/N's POV:

Tori went back home and I already missed her. The time we spent together, I will cherish forever. Now I'm just standing at work, waiting for the clock to strike 6 o'clock so that I could leave.

"Excuse me ma'am? Where can I find the toiletries?" A familiar voice asked behind me.

"Oh, uh-" I turned around to see Lauren giving me a shy smile. "Lauren! You scared me!"

"I have that kind of affect on people" Lauren bragged, resting her back on a clothing rack, but quickly pulling away as it started to roll away.

I giggled at her clumsiness and asked, "So, what brings you here, to the greatest store on the block, Target?"

Lauren repositioned herself and said, "I came by to take you out for a quick bite, if you want. I haven't seen you a lot since Tori's been here."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll buy, as an apology."

"Sure, sure. Aren't you going to hang out with Tori though? When is she leaving?"

"Didn't she stop by your house yesterday? She left back home. Said she would drop by and say goodbye to you." I said, confusion taking over my face.

"Really? She never stopped by. And I was home all day...because someone decided her little girlfriend was more important than her best friend." Lauren raised her eyebrows at me.

"She's not my girlfriend Lauren...and look, I really am sorry we haven't hung out. It won't happen again okay? It's just...you know, Tori and I have been really hitting it off, and I lose sense of everything when I'm with her. You understand, don't you?"

"Sure...I used to..." Lauren's face overcame with sadness and she looked at her hands, rubbing her thumb on her pinky finger, the ring that Camila had given to her, gone.

"Lauren...did you and Camila-" Lauren started to sob, so I quickly got my things, punched out from work, then led a broken down Lauren to her car.

"She said we needed space, that things weren't the same like before...and that she didn't want to be with me anymore!" Lauren cried out and I opened my arms to let her in and hugged her tightly.

"Babe, I'm so sorry this happened. If she doesn't want to put effort in making the relationship work, then she isn't for you." I stroked her soft black dyed hair and rocked us back and forth as she sobbed into my shoulder.

"I know..." She sniffled. "But I love her so much Y/N. She is everything to me, after all this time, she chooses to break it off." Lauren broke our embrace to look at me.  "Y-Y/N...do you think she found someone else? Someone else who will give her whatever I couldn't?"

I couldn't handle looking at my best friend like this. My heart ached for her.

"Who knows Lauren? You know I never liked her...she hated me. And it wouldn't be surprising if she just broke it off with you to be with someone else..." I instantly regretted saying this as it came out of my mouth. I was never good at relationship advice...

"You think?" Lauren wiped her nose with a kleenex she got out from her purse. "God...I should've known! You know...I did so well with her Y/N...I thought I did at least."

"I don't know what else to tell you...I'm so sorry Lauren. When did this happen?"

"Two days ago...I thought about calling you that day...but I didn't want to bother you."

"Lauren..." I whispered softly and pulled her back into me. "Don't you ever hesitate to call me, okay? Please. I love you with all my heart and I don't want to see you broken like this. You should have called me!"