III. House of the First Mystery

House of Anubis: Wadjet's Warning
By KurtDestin

~ § § § § § ~

~ § § § § § ~III: House of the First Mystery

~ § § § § § ~
III: House of the First Mystery

Nina knew that last night wasn't a dream. The next morning made her miss Fabian even more. Fabian was always the one she would talk to about these things. With him gone, she felt alone. Nina got out of bed and went straight downstairs. She entered the kitchen to find everyone down there. Patricia and Eddie sat together. KT, Mick, Jerome, Alfie, and Joy sat on the other side of the room.

"Where's Amber?" Nina asked.

Nina knew that if she could tell anyone, it would be Amber. She had been her best friend since she moved into Anubis House.

"Amber's upstairs." Mick smiled.

"Thanks Mick."

Nina hurried up the stairs and bolted forward until she entered Amber's room. She was sitting on her bed trying to pick between pink or purple shoes.

"Amber, I need to talk to you. Now."

"Go for it." Amber smiled and Nina sat beside her.

Nina filled in Amber on everything.

"Why would a Goddess ask you to help her?"

"Why has any of the things we dealt with happened? It's because I'm the Chosen One."

"So much for a new start . . ." Amber sighed.

"You're the only one I felt like I could tell. I know Patricia and Alfie were in Sibuna with us, but this isn't high school. It's just us, Amber."

"So is Sibuna back?"

"Sibuna." Nina smiled and covered her eye with one hand.

~ § § § § § ~

Joy and Patricia ate lunch outside. After Joy had lied to Nina, Patricia started watching her like a hawk.

"Look, I'm sorry for lying to her." Joy whined.

Patricia just glared at her.

"Please answer me."

"I forgive you." Patricia spoke.

"Thank god!"

"This stays between us though. Nina can't find out." Patricia demanded.