XI. House of War: Part 1

House of Anubis: Wadjet's Warning
By KurtDestin

~ § § § § § ~

~ § § § § § ~ XI

~ § § § § § ~
XI. House of War: Part 1

An hour or two had passed since KT's expulsion from Sibuna. Amber and Fabian were finally awake, but hazy as to what had happened. Alfie and Patricia sat in Joy's room while the others were amongst the house.

"You feeling better yet, Fabian?" Patricia wondered.

"Yes. Quite frankly, I'm truly waiting for Amber."

"I'm fine, just tired." Amber yawned "Where am I?"

"We're in Joy's room."

"Wait, how did I get here? Eddie isn't the Osirian . . . I was taken!"

"We know, the Osirian's dead." Fabian confirmed.

"Actually, you're wrong." Alfie sighed.

"How? I was there when Eddie killed the Osirian to save everyone!"

"There's a lot you don't know, so much has happened. Let me explain."

Patricia told Fabian and Amber everything that happened. From Tejdaw and Sibuna combining to Joy becoming the Osirian, everything except for one.

"This is crazy . . ." Amber denied "I missed to much!"

"Can I see Nina?" Fabian asked.

Alfie and Patricia looked at each other for a moment and glanced back at Fabian.

"I want to see Nina too." Amber added.

"About that . . . We lost her . . ." Patricia bit her lip.

"What do you mean you lost her?" Fabian crossed his arms. His eyes glared at Patricia and his face grew red. He knew that what Patricia was about to say wouldn't be good.

"In order to escape the last trial, someone had to sacrifice themselves. While everyone argued, Nina let herself be taken. In return, we earned two lives, the two of you."

Amber's eyes filled with tears and Fabian held her. Neither of them expected so much heartbreak from the news they'd heard. No one would have.

~ § § § § § ~

Jerome, Joy, Eddie, Mara, and Mick sat in the living area downstairs when Patricia and Alfie entered, Amber and Fabian trailing behind them.