XII. House of War: Part 2

House of Anubis: Wadjet's Warning
By KurtDestin

~ § § § § § ~

~ § § § § § ~XII

~ § § § § § ~
XII. House of War: Part 2

As Apophis held his sword, Patricia was overwhelmed in terror. Who was this mighty spirit? And why was he an obstacle?

"Patricia, run!" Amber squealed.

Apophis swung his sword as Patricia dodged his blow. Patricia tried to stab him, but his armor was impenetrable. In shock, Patricia began running around the arena and Apophis chased after her.

"Patricia!" Eddie yelled.

Apophis stopped and Patricia kept her pace. Once she'd made it back to us, tears ran down her face. Before she could speak, the blade went through her chest and her knees hit the floor.

"And the winner is Apophis!" Horick cheered as Apophis pulled the sword from Patricia and placed it back in it's rightful spot, causing himself to vanish as Horick had.

Eddie grabbed her hands as Patricia spoke her final words "I'm sorry . . ."

Tears filled Eddie's eyes and Patricia fell limp to the floor. The small pool of crimson slowly grew bigger as her skin grew paler. The others began crying as well. For the first time, Sibuna had actually lost someone. And not only was she a member of Sibuna, but a member of each of their hearts as well. A few seconds later, Patricia disappeared in a flash of light and the others went back up to the house, desperate for answers.

~ § § § § § ~

KT sat inside her room, trying to comfort herself over the fact that she'd broken things off with Mick. Due to this sudden heartache, she did what any other person from America would do. She started binge watching The 100 on Netflix. It was the episode where Clarke is trying to destroy A.L.I.E. and the City of Light. As she continued through the episode, someone knocked on her door, causing her to pause her show.

"Come in . . ." KT sniffled.

Mara opened the door with tears running down her face as well.

"What's wrong?" KT asked.

"Patricia . . ."

"Oh my god! Was she taken?"

"If only . . ." Mara cried.

"So if she wasn't taken, then what happened.