V. House of the Book

House of Anubis: Wadjet's Warning
By KurtDestin

~ § § § § § ~

~ § § § § § ~V

~ § § § § § ~
V. House of the Book

"Nina!" Eddie yelled.

"L-Look at this!" Nina finally spoke.

"God, Nina, you scared us half to death!" Eddie sighed "I thought you were . . . I thought you were gone."

"Me too."

"Look at this." Nina ordered again.

Amber and Eddie hesitantly walked up to the alter where Nina held an open book.

"This has all sorts of facts about Wadjet here in the beginning. Apparently, Wadjet was the Goddess of Protection in Egypt. The author says she was way more than that though. Apparently, she tried to protect Osiris during . . ."

"During the what?" Amber asked.

"It doesn't say. Weird! Apparently, she gave her ring to Osiris to protect him which left her weak and caused her to fall. She died to protect Osiris."

"So Wadjet died to protect the part of me that died?"

"Apparently. The rest of the text is so old, it's not legible. It looks like it was burned."

"What's that?" Amber pointed towards a shrine on the far wall.

It was made of gold and had a handprint slot and the ring slot in the center, but no locket slot.

"I bet you have to put your hand on it, Nina. After all, you're the Chosen One." Eddie encouraged.

"I don't know . . ."

"Go. We need to know what it'll unlock."

"Okay." Nina nodded and walked up to the shrine.

The closer she got, the colder it felt.

"Here I go." Nina whispered and put the ring in the slot.

The ring grew blue and shined brightly. Next, she put her hand in the slot and the glow turned from blue to red.

"Pull away from the slot." A voice commanded.

Nina did as she was told and backed away towards the others. The next thing the three of them saw was a man in gold. He was well built and wore the Symbol of Anubis on his forehead.