Chapter Nineteen

Luke's pov

"Bye Luke," Calum whispers as he exits the room. I run my finger through Hope silky blonde hair.

I feel like haven't done enough like she's till missing something. She told me about her uncle. This is making me have separation anxiety, I press my forehead against hers.

"Tell me how to help you Hope," I whisper, not expecting an answer from her lifeless sleeping body. I press my lips on hers once more before falling asleep next to the girl who has never needed me this much.

"Luke?" I'm wakened by her croaky voice.

"Yes?" I whisper wrapping my arms around neck, she rests her head on my chest.

"I feel so much safer now that you know," she mutters into my ripped band tank. Her tone was shaky and heart breaking.

"You are, I'm never going to leave you," I assure.

"You're my super hero," was the last thing that left her thin lips before she fell asleep again.

There's a knock at my door, I carefully unwrap her arms from my neck.

I walk to the door and open it.

"Missy?" I ask.

"Yeah, hey Luke, I talked to your friends. Is she okay?" She asks, I shake my head and frown, her hair was pink, it was blue last time I saw her.

I let her in. I wake up.

"Missy?" She whispers, they emotionally hug and talk in shushed voices.

"Bye girls, I'll be at Calum's," I smile, Hope gives me that dreadful fake smile.

"Bye Luke," Missy says, with an apologetic look in her glossy eyes.

I knock on Calum's door, he opens almost right away. Michael was curled up on the couch

"Heh guys," I sigh.

Michael jumps and the fear is still faintly in his smile."I'm not mad anymore,"

"Luke, is she okay?" He asks.

"No, she won't be for awhile. We need to take her mind off this shit storm," I explain sitting on the foot of Calum's bed.

"I'm sorry, I'm such a bad friend," he whispers rubbings his eyes.

"Talk to her," Calum suggest. He nods and walks out without saying a word.

"Calum what am I doing wrong?" I ask not looking for an answer. He sits for a few seconds.

"Nothing, I'm so happy she's with you. But I have explained what happens if you fuck up," he says, I force a laugh. The hard part is. I fuck up a lot.

We head back to my room, I slide the card across the scanner next to the door.

"Hey," Hope says, she has me a smile. It's getting harder to tell whether it's real or not.

"Missy?" Calum mutters under his breath.

"Oh, hello Calum," she says, she seemed to be agitated. Michael whispers something into her ear and she laughs.

Hopes just politely sitting there. I catch her eye. Help me! She mouths.

"Hope let's go get something to eat," I offer. I give everyone else that It's just us look.

"Okay," she smiles. I take her small hand in mine. I open the door and Calum follows but turns towards his room, leaving the two colorful haired adults alone.

Hope looks down at her shoes as we go down the elevator. I pull her closer than she currently was.

"Luke, how did we end up here?" She asks with a small smile forming on her lips.

"Well I'm not sure but call me lucky cause, in the end, I'm a six. And you're a ten," I say.

"I love you Lucas, and I'm a one compared to your fifty," she frowns.

"You are not going to win his H, just give up and tell yourself that you are gorgeous," I tell her. She's so self-conscious. I wish I could show her how beautiful she is.

Hopes pov

I give into Luke's argument of me being attractive. I'm not. But at least he's happy.

"I love your outfit by the way," he smirks kissing my forehead.

I look down, I look homeless in my opinion.

Just my Nirvana tee with his flannel and blue jeans

Just my Nirvana tee with his flannel and blue jeans. I borrowed Calum's black beanie to hide my hideous hair.

I probably smell, shit.

I fake a smile, I've been getting a whole lot better at this, "I'm happy!" shit.

I feel a weird blush feeling appears as I take in the fact I look terrible.

"Why are you blushing?" He chuckles.

"I look homeless," I mutter as we walk outside.

"Nope, stop Hope. Please, it kills me to know you think like that," he says and stops walking.

"Well maybe you should let me think for myself, I don't look good! Why do you act so blind?" I spit. He bites his lip. Tears threaten their way out of my cold eyes. He kisses me, it lasts for what seems like forever.

"You can't scare me off Garner, you're stuck with me," he mutters and presses his lips against mine once more.

"I'm sorry," I say breaking away from the kiss,"I can't do this,"

I turn and run up the hotel stairs, I run to Calum's room and he lets me in right away.

"Whats wrong?" He asks.

So I tell him, I explain the outfit and kiss and me leaving my boyfriend hurt and confused.

"I'm such a bad person!" I cry into his jacket.

"No, it was the heat of the moment baby," he whispers. I look at him a little shocked,"I meant that in the best friendly way possible,"

I laugh a little at his red face.

I need to explain myself, do I need a break from this boy? Maybe it's best for everyone if I leave.

I need to explain my self, do I need a break from this boy? Maybe it's best for every one if I leave.
Luke can find a less dramatic girl, one who can make him feel amazing everyday.

He doesn't need you, he wants to be a free man and your dragging him down. Just run away. Run and disappear. No one loves you. They say they do in pity for you, a lost girl who can't find her way in a shit storm off problems.

Have a great day lovely people! <3

Xxkisumomo