Chapter eight

"I don't want your sympathy." He looked at me with a sorry face and went back to his desks.
"Is there anything that you want me to do?" I asked bravely.
"I'll only need you to copy those documents on the top shelf." He said I then turned around and saw that the top shelf was really high. I stretched but it was no use stupid heels and the dress kept on going up. I tried again but still couldn't reach it. I did it again until I felt a warm shadow behind me. The person stretched and reached the documents. I turned around and saw those familiar brown eyes, Mr. James. I widened my eyes at the centimeters between our lips.

"I have t-to get to work ." I said walking away from him and heading towards my desk.

I should have kissed her when I got the chance to.
James said to himself. When he heard his phone ring he answered it.
"Hello Mr. James." James clenched his teeth at the sound of the voice.
"Mr. Smith?" He said bitterly.
"We have a problem on the first floor." He hung up the phone and went through his door. He looked to his left and saw Ms. Grey. He walked up to her and said.

"There's a problem on the first floor I'm going to look I'll be back in about ten." He said but I ignored him
"Do you need anything?" He asked kindly. Not from you.

"No." I said firmly. I looked at him and he had a sad face but I really didn't care. He walked into the elevator and closed it. After a couple minutes I heard the elevator open and I saw Aaron come out. Why is he here?

After he walked out then I saw another man came out walking behind him.

"Oh no." I cried that can't be him my worse nightmare is back.

"Oh yes." He said walking towards me then it hit me.

"You set me up?" I said to Aaron he gave me an evil smirk. And walked closer to me. I tried to back up against the wall but it was no use because I was already on it. He grabbed both my hands behind my back and pushed me closer to him.

"Dad." I whispered and he nodded with an evil smirk.
"Yes honey I'm back did you miss me?" He asked.

"Get away from me." I kicked at him. He walked closer to me, squeezed my face with his hand and said.

"Do you know how long I've been looking for you? But with the help of this Aaron, well you see Aaron was my friend since the bitch died." He said referring to my mom. I spat at him and said. "Don't call her that." I cried. Be strong my baby. Her voice ran through my mind. He hit me in the face making me cry even more. I sobbed until my tears were all out. He hit me again and kicked me in the stomach I cried out but there was no one to help.

"Shut up bitch." He spat at me. "I'm gonna take you for a little drive." He said.

"Not if I can help it." I heard a familiar voice said but I was too weak to look up and just like that darkness took me over.

***********-**********

"Katherine." I heard that same voice called me. I looked up and saw the familiar face, my boss, Mr. James. My eyes fluttered to open.
"Are you feeling better?" My head was aching with pain. I sat up and realized that I was sitting in my chair with my boss looking at me.

"What happened." I struggled to say.

"Well there was no emergency on the first floor so I figured that something was wrong, so I came back up here and saw Mr Smith with a man abusing you so I had to help." He said

"I could've helped myself." I said bitterly

"No you couldn't, if you could I'm sure you would have." He said still looking at me I got up but sat down back when I realized that the pain was too much. He stretched out his hands to help me but I told him that I was OK. He got up and went to his office. Couple seconds later I saw him coming out. He handed me some pain killers.