Chapter 3

Rosaii gazed at the stars above her, or what she thought were stars. They were amazing, it almost looked artificial. She knew it couldn't be, however, because you couldn't shine a projector onto the night sky, or cover the place with a dome. It was just amazing to look at. Now she noticed a couple of mountains in the view, a few lakes here or there. This definitely wasn't Yosemite. Yosemite wasn't this large, and it definitely wasn't this beautiful. Plus, she figured she couldn't be able to sprout flowers from the ground herself, especially that quickly. Maybe she was on another world, in another galaxy.

   Soon, however, Rosaii's thoughts were interrupted by a rustling in the leaves below her. She frowned and scooted to the other side of the tree, knowing it was Flint or Dax coming to tell her off. However, Rosaii was surprised when she saw Veata ascending from the ground beneath.

   "Hi, Rosaii," Veata said quietly. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about everyone doing their stuff. You must be so confused."

   "I am," replied Rosaii. "I don't know where I am, I don't know where my family or-" Rosaii sighed, defeated.

   "Anyways, I wanted to tell you something. I believe that you're from Earth. I believe you because I am too. There are few ways to go back, but the planet Earth, oh Rosaii, it must be so horrible now! Humans everywhere you look, global warming, it must be horrid." 

   "How did you get here? How do I get back? What are all these 'elemental' things everyone is speaking of? I'm so confused!" Rosaii sobbed quietly.

   "Let's see.. Okay. Well. My family and I traveled to Yosemite, and they disappeared somehow. They left some weird note. Anyways, I followed the directions, and I got lost along the way and I quite literally ran into a tree. It had some weird directions on it, so I followed them. Trust me, I was as confused as you. Then I ran into Kifu, Dax, and Flint. They were all super nice, except for Kifu. She's.. She's not the kind of elemental you want to mess with. And all this elemental stuff is super complex, but I can try to explain it to you. If you want me to, of course." Veata glanced at Rosaii, who was nodding her head vigorously. 

   "It would really help me," Rosaii replied. "I'm really confused about it."

   "Okay. Whenever someone is born, or transported here, they receive an element. Right now, there are 99 elementals. You're the 100th one. Your elemental, I can see, is one of the main elements. Earth. Flint has fire, Dax has water, I have wind, and Kifu has evil. Which should explain a lot. Once you become an elemental, you harness the powers that your element should control, and you receive the ability to use that to fight against anything and anyone. Your element is at its strongest when fighting for your life, or for someone else's. It's especially powerful if you're fighting for yourself and someone else's. Additionally, your power is weakened when fighting for fun, and for training. Which I can see you don't need. If you're one of the main elements," Veata looked at Rosaii. "If you're one of the main elements, you're burdened with the weight of those in danger, which is how Flint, Dax and I knew you needed help. It only works if you're near them, though." Veata finished, smiling.

   "It was nice talking to you, Rosaii. By the way, can I call you Rose?"

   "Sure. And thank you for explaining, Veata." Rosaii watched as Veata left the tree, leaving Rosaii with a feeling of excitement.