Chapter 4

By the way, that's Flint ^^

   Rosaii jumped off the tree after Veata, safely landing on her feet. Dax was in the corner conversing with Kifu, and she could easily tell they were flirting. Flint was poking at the fire he'd started, but he was looking kind of down. Veata sat next to Flint, and he acknowledged her with a nod. Rosaii sat on the opposite log, hugging her legs to her chest. She rested her chin on her knees and looked to Flint and Veata. They were just sitting.

   "So.. You really are from Earth..?" Flint spoke, which startled Rosaii into saying a shocked, "What?"

   "Veata told me that you are from Earth. I was on Earth for just a couple years, I came here when I was three. I believe you. But you have to understand that you're not on Earth anymore." Flint looked up at Rosaii, his eyes a deep blue. He looked back down to the fire, leaning his elbow on his thigh. He poked at it more.

   "I know I'm not on Earth. I can tell because of many things. The sky, it's different. The atmosphere feels different. I know that I can't just sprout flowers out of the ground on Earth. Plus, Lady is acting different." Rosaii motioned to her dog, who was playing with a fox. They were chasing each other then rolling around. Flint laughed gently, continuing to poke the fire. 

   "What are you doing?" Veata giggled, asking Flint.

   "W-What?"  Flint looked up, confused.

   "You keep poking the fire!" 

   "O-Oh-"

   "I'm gonna tell Dax and Kifu!" Veata jumped up and ran to Dax and Kifu, laughing. Flint ran after her, laughing too. Veata backflipped over Flint, flying into the air. She laughed at him, pointing. He pretend-frowned, which resulted in a burst of laughs from both of them. Veata flew to Rosaii, offering a hand. Rosaii took it, and her legs bounced off the ground, staying in the air. Veata let of of Rosaii's hand, letting her fly into the air. Suddenly, Rosaii saw a purple orb flying towards her. She gasped as it hit her and knocked her onto the ground.

   "Rosaii!" Veata and Flint both exclaimed, rushing towards her. Veata landed on the space next to her, rushing to Rosaii's side. She put her hand on the black spot on Rosaii's arm, and immediately shot a deathly glare at Kifu.  "What did she ever do to you? Why do you act like that? You could've killed her!" Veata's eyes grew a darker purple, and she began floating without even realizing it. "That was the bloody point, obviously," Dax said, walking away from Kifu. "Kifu is the elemental of evil. What do you expect? I shouldn't have expected better from her." 

   "No, you shouldn't. God, do you not understand? Rosaii isn't supposed to be here. She may be a main elemental, but she doesn't even know how to use her powers. If you guys want some annoying little girl on our journey, then fine. However, you can't stop me from doing whatever I want to her. I hate her." Kifu stared at Rosaii angrily. Those words, they echoed throughout Rosaii's mind. It was horrible. Rosaii's mind went blank as she tried using her powers to tangle Kifu in a prison of vines. When she returned to her senses, she saw all of the other elementals, other than Kifu, crowding around Rosaii. They were smiling and hugging her. "You learned how to use your powers! That was fast. Wow." Veata smiled as she showed what she'd done to Kifu. Kifu was angrily sitting in the corner of a bunch of trees surrounding her. It was a tree prison!

   "Do you think this is funny?" Kifu asked  angrily from her prison. Flint laughed as he burned a hole in the trees. "She's more powerful than you, Kifu, I'd be careful around her." Kifu left the tree prison, glaring at Rosaii and Flint. Rosaii left to the fire, sitting on the log. Flint sat beside her, and Veata sat on the other side of her. Kifu sat on the opposite log, and Dax sat on the opposite side of that log from her. Eventually. Rosaii fell asleep to the sound of Flint's warm voice, singing a song that she thought she knew...

"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more.."