Chapter 5

The next morning, the five elementals continued on their journey, which Flint explained to Rosaii.

   "Basically, we're the main elementals, putting aside Kifu. You know, cause she's the elemental of evil. Therefore, it's our job to do certain things, so we do it. And.. now you're here. So, we should be perfectly fine!" Flint fist-pumped into the air, and Veata giggled quietly. Kifu just rolled her eyes and levitated in front of the group. Kifu stopped, which had a domino effect on the other elementals. She turned around, her eyes a deeper red than they had been before. She pointed a finger at Rosaii, her eyes burning holes into her.

   "You," she whispered, still staring at Rosaii. She laughed humorlessly. "You took it all, didn't you?"

   "W-what?" Startled, Rosaii took a step back. To this, Kifu floated closer.

   "You took my friends, you took my happiness, and most importantly? You took Flint." Kifu smiled falsely, staring at Rosaii still.

   "I didn't mean to take anything," Rosaii stopped shrinking behind Dax and confidently walked toward Kifu. She laughed flatly. "You just don't seem to understand. I know that you like Flint, I can tell. I know that's why you hate me. Seriously, though, you're such a hypocrite. What if Veata liked Dax? Or if I liked him? We aren't trying to kill you for flirting with him. Besides, I'm not flirting with Flint, he's not flirting with me. There's no reason to try to annihilate me." Rosaii crossed her arms, staring back.

   Kifu's eyes widened, and she stared at Rosaii. She used her hand to do some weird elemental power, and Rosaii began floating into the air, choking. Veata ran to Kifu, slapping her. Rosaii dropped to the floor, coughing. Her nose was bleeding, but her eyes were seemingly red. A dark red. Kifu was wrestling Veata to the ground, slapping her back. Flint pulled Kifu off of Veata, and Dax grabbed Veata from under her. Rosaii angrily tackled Kifu to the ground, shouting insults at her. Kifu couldn't get out from under Rosaii, and Rosaii didn't realize how much power she was applying to keeping her under her.

   "Listen, Kifu. You do not go trying to hurt my friends. Or me. You don't deserve an element. You don't deserve Flint. You deserve to be imprisoned!" Rosaii jumped up, using vines to trap Kifu in a small cell. Kifu screamed, her eyes fully black now. She banged on the vines, which had hardened to seem like metal. Kifu was trapped. The other elementals stared at Rosaii, obviously stunned. Rosaii stopped, scared. 

   "I-I'm sorry-"

  "Yeah. You better be. You're disgusting. Go. Now." Flint stared at her, his eyes black. Kifu's eyes were blue, and they were widened in terror. She was shouting something to Rosaii, but it didn't seem rude. All she could hear were: "Rose- Out of- body- inside- Kifu- inside- Flint- don't-"

   Rosaii didn't understand. She stumbled backwards and ran into the forest.