Chapter 9

After a few hours of the elementals talking, the time for dinner came. A maid escorted Rosaii into the dress room, where she decided on a beautiful blue dress. It was a navy blue, but the sides had gradient streaks of teal. Her hair was up in a bun. She felt like a princess; she looked like one too. She elegantly descended the steps of the dressing room and showed off her look to the maid, who smiled warmly and brought her to the dining room.

   Everything was beautiful; the tablecloth was perfectly fitted on the table that held candelabras and was surrounded by chairs. Flint was seated by Veata and Dax in a corner, and at the top of the row was the princess. She was making small talk with Flint, who was now staring at Rosaii. Everyone was. The King, The Queen, Veata, Zlo, Dax, the maids, even the butlers were staring at Rosaii. Her face turned a pinkish shade as she took a seat by Dax.

   "You look amazing, Rose." Dax smiled as he adjusted his glasses. Veata nodded her head in agreement and looked to her dress with insecurity. It was a fluffy purple dress, the top of which was a beautiful silk pattern in violet. 

   "I love your dress, Veata. It's beautiful." Rosaii smiled at Veata and she smiled back, now looking confident.

   Princess Zlo didn't really comment on Rosaii's dress, and instead ignored her. Rosaii only began to notice Zlo ignoring her when the butler passed out bread as an appetizer. After everyone grabbed one, Rosaii reached to grab one. Her hand's path was suddenly interrupted when Princess Zlo grabbed another piece- specifically the one that Rosaii was reaching for. She noticed that she didn't say sorry nor acknowledge that she was grabbing everything Rosaii wanted when she reached for it. Rosaii ended up not eating until Princess Zlo was full, because Zlo always grabbed everything Rosaii's hands were aiming for. 

   "What's your element, Princess?" Rosaii asked through clenched teeth. She was trying to hold in her anger, but when she said that, everyone froze.  

   Flint's eyes went wide and he glared at Rosaii, then looked to Zlo. She looked at Rosaii, flames burning in her eyes, and then looked at Flint. He was apologizing to her, hugging her, when she started to fake cry. Anger burned within Rosaii as Zlo's fake whimpers got louder and louder. She got up, angry, and left the room.

   Rosaii leaned against the wall of a corridor, calming herself. She heard Veata's voice apologize, then excuse herself. She saw her walk out of the room, and just started hysterically laughing.   

   "Oh my gosh- Rose- She's so bad at fake crying!" This made Rosaii laugh too, and soon they were holding each other to keep balance. They were laughing at each other's laugh, and mocking Zlo, when the doors behind them burst open. Both of the girls immediately froze, turned around, and were faced with an angry Princess Zlo staring at them. Flint's face was buried in his hands, embarassed, when Zlo began speaking.

   "Hello, Veata. Nice to know that you know how to mock my depression. You understand that you have completely put our friendship in jeopardy, right? You put it all in jeopardy for someone as lowly as her. " Zlo motioned to Rosaii, and Flint's eyes widened with anger. "I thought I could trust you, Veata,  but I guess not. Oh, and Rosaii? I'm the elemental of death." All of the elementals were pushed out as Zlo made her way back into the dining room. The hall doors shut behind her as Flint pounded at the doors, calling to Zlo.

   "Princess! Zlo! I'm so sorry. Zlo! Let us in!" Flint gave up calling, and grabbed his bag and walked into the forest. The other elementals stayed by the castle, waiting for Flint to return.