Chapter 13

It was midday when Rosaii fell asleep. She was still in the cave, and was contemplating Dax's story. She noticed Veata and Dax talking, when they looked at her. She immediately shut her eyes, pretending to be asleep, and could feel the two elemental's eyes wander off of her. She sighed inwardly, trying to focus her attention onto the conversation. The last words she heard were, "Phil is nowhere to be found. Flint is fine, Dax, I promise. I know, she'll be upset. At least she still has us to..." before she fell asleep.

   "Flint! Come back!" Rosaii yelled, chasing after him. He was headed into a forest, where clouds loomed above, dark and threatening.

   "You can't stop me. You don't love me, Rose. I loved you, and you just took my heart and stomped on it. All over it." Flint turned to face Rosaii, his eyes red and puffy. "I never thought that someone as sweet as you could do something so horrible. Especially to me, Rose! I thought you loved me!" Rosaii was stunned, and couldn't figure out what she was going to say.

   "I didn't want to hurt you, Flint! I didn't want to! I do love you, more than words can express. It wasn't me doing it, Flint, it wasn't me!" The words escaped from Rosaii's mouth, without her wanting to. It was like she wasn't controlling her own body, and she couldn't do anything to stop what was going on before her. She didn't even think about the words, even less about saying them.

   Flint ran into the forest, and Rosaii desperately tried to run after him. She couldn't though. Instead, she watched Flint as he turned back around and walked into the forest.

   Rosaii awoke to Flint's face over hers, a look of confusion and concern painted on his face. When he saw her open her eyes, though, his eyes brightened and his pupils enlarged. He happily called for Dax and Veata, and they entered with an expression of relief on their faces. Rosaii sat up and was greeted with hugs from everyone, including Flint. She hugged him back, and sobbed onto his shoulder.

   "Flint, I don't know what happened, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you think I broke your heart, I didn't try to, those words weren't mine! I'm sorry that I made you go fight Kifu, that was the worst decision of my life. I'm so-" Rosaii was cut off when she felt a soft pair of lips meet her own. She kissed back at first, but then realized that she didn't know who was kissing her. She jumped back, stunned, and saw Flint awkwardly backing away from Rosaii and running out of the cave. Dax and Veata looked equally stunned as they watched Flint run out of the cave and into the forest.