Chapter Two

The crow leads Erica to a derelict apartment building, water drops from her hair, rubbing her arm she reluctantly steps inside.

Trepidation fills the air, dread and fear echo inside Erica's mind. Up the flights of stairs Erica carries on, her heart beat faster the closer she got to her destination.

At the very top the crow perches on the bannister turning its head to the right before cawing twice.

Police tape still seals off the door way, Erica removes the tape before her shaky hand reaches out for the door handle, instantly takes her hand away as vague memories swamp her mind, she sees herself and Shelby writing songs by candlelight, laughter fills the air.

Closing her eyes, she grabs the handle and opens the door. More memories come flooding back – when Shelby and her first moved in, the bedrooms they chose, eating takeaway while music plays loudly in the background, paper strewn across the floor after they had a brain storming session.

What surrounded her now was blackened and charred, dim streetlight filtered in through the large window, reminders of their lives were everywhere – charred remains of a coffee table and the cabinet they kept their musings in. Entering what had been her bedroom, her wardrobe stood there in the corner with only smoke damage to the doors.

The Meow from behind her made her heart clamber out of her chest, the cat had long white fur.

She reached down to stroke him, "Hades."

Seconds after picking him up she had to place him back on the floor but it was too late, she was about to see what Hades had witnessed that night.

T-bird, TinTin, Funboy and Skank burst into the apartment without warning, Shelby was sat reading a song her and Erica had written earlier that day. Erica had entered the apartment building to the sound of Shelby screaming for whoever to get out, shooting up the stairs Erica reaches the door, opens it she shouts Shelby's name. T-bird slaps Erica straight across the cheek before kicking her feet from under her. Kneeling down T-bird then breaks her nose before explaining their presence, "You bitch," spitting in her face, "you and your cousin refused our gifts and the offer of our hearts- "

"You're all scum of the Earth," calming her voice a little, "even if you were the last of the male species, there's no way I would dare even think about touching you." Erica spits blood in his face.

Shelby is being restrained by Skank as Funboy unzips his jeans, TinTin without warning stabs Erica in the back, she tries crawling on her hands and knees, he stabs her in the back twice more. Their maniacal laughter echoes around the apartment.

The Crow watches in the darkness as Erica replays the events unfolding, at present she is on her knees gurgling in pain.

TinTin pushes Erica to the floor using his foot, for quite some time the gang degrade the girls in various ways including beating them.

With what strength she has left, Erica slides across the floor towards the window, T-bird sees her and watches with intrigue.

As Erica stands up, T-bird shoots her twice in the back, she stumbles forward, TinTin gets right behind Erica before pushing her out of the window. Hurtling down nothing will catch her now, except the ground.

Opening her eyes Erica screams, "We had our lives and they took it away," tears begin to fall, "sick fucks," wiping her nose, "death will come and she will wear black wings."

Seeing a mirror on a dressing table, Erica looks at herself in the mirror, turns away and then smashes the mirror.

Walking back towards the window she looks down upon the street, sweet vengeance plays in her mind and Justice swells in her heart.