Chapter 14

Officer Holt is looking between photos of a homicide a year ago, he is trying to figure out who he saw. One photo shows the band in a car, Erica's face is smiling back. In the second photo, although Erica is smiling, Officer Holt decided to paint black on the eyes and lips, which resembles who he saw earlier. He is stood in his kitchen drinking a beer staring at the photo when he hears a creaky floorboard from the living room. This alerts him to the big possibility someone is in the house besides himself.

As Holt walks into the living room he notices his bedroom window is open allowing the cold night air in, feeling puzzled he starts toward his bedroom, his eyes scan around but no-one is to be seen.

Erica walks silently into the living room and comes up behind Officer Holt before shouting, "FREEZE!"

Officer Holt jumps before turning around to face Erica, he takes a few steps back before pointing at Erica, "Don't do that man, could've given me a heart attack." He is stood near a coffee table.

Erica walks over to him and picks up the photo that Holt used a black pen on Erica's face, "Good likeness." She smiles.

Holt's voice is slightly shaky, "I saw your body man, you died, you got buried."

Erica looks slightly amused as she points out to Holt, "You still have your hat on."

Holt's eyes look upwards towards his head, seeing that indeed his hat is still on he takes it off and chucks it in a near-by chair. He gestures to Erica, "Please, take a seat," Holt wanders around and whispers, "holy shit." Before coming to a standstill.

Erica quickly goes to the fridge, pulls out a beer for Holt, closes the door, walks to Officer holt, opens the beer before handing it to him.

"Are you some kinda ghost?" Holt asks.

Erica smirks, "BOO!" Her hands go above her shoulders.

Holt jerks a little before sitting down in a chair.

Erica sits opposite him, places her head in her hands for a moment before looking directly at Holt, "I'm not sure what I am," sighing loudly, "I need you to tell me what happened to us."