Chapter 28

Erica and the crow are perched on some ladders outside Top dollars meeting room listening in to the conversation. The more Top dollar talks, the angrier Erica seems to get, she is biding her time, waiting for the right moment to enter.

Top dollar grins before addressing the assembled people, "Devils night greeting cards," shrugging, "the idea has become the institution, getting boring now."

One of the men replies, "So, no more fires?" He asks.

Top dollar shakes his head, "No, I want a fire so damn big that the Gods will take notice of us." He preaches.

All the men reply with various, "Aye, ayes." Enthusiasm taints their reply.

His sister/lover looks rather bored stood there.

Top dollar whips his head around to face Skank, there is a growl in Top dollars voice, "You having fun?"

Skank looks a little wary and dazed, his voice hitches up as he spits out his reply at speed, "I feel like a little worm on a big fuckin' hook."

The place erupts with laughter.

Top dollar chortles as he repeats Skanks words, "I feel like a little worm on a big fuckin' hook," tries to stop laughing, "your momma must be dang proud of ya."

At that moment the crow flies in and lands on the table, screeching once or twice.

Skank spies it and becomes terrified and unable to speak.

Top dollars sister/lover looks at the crow with intrigue.

Top dollar looks at it before asking, "How'd that thing get in here?"

Bemused faces look back at him.

The crow turns away before flying off, at this point Erica walks into the meeting room, "Gentlemen." She shouts as she walks forward.

Skank shits himself as his eyes cannot look away from Erica.

Jonah gets a hold on Skank, most likely a form of protection from the intruder.

Erica gets to the table, shoves a chair away from it before jumping up on the table and sitting cross legged staring at Top dollar who is at the other end.