Chapter 5

The rain pours from an angry night sky, the city scape is laid bare for all to see. If you had looked up, you might have seen a shadow leaping from building top to building top, some of the gaps a human would have fallen but not this one, with little effort she easily jumps twenty foot gaps. Looking a little closer you would have also seen a crow, the shadow is following, it sees what the bird sees.

The Crow veers off and Erica continues making her way over buildings, her target is now being watched by the bird and within seconds she has caught up. Bending down both Erica and the crow watch their target below wandering down some back street.

TinTin is keeping warm by a fire in a trash can down the back alleyway, upon hearing a noise he spins around, his eyes darting to see who is there in the dark.

Shrugging he carries on by the fire but slides out a knife, just in case.

Hearing metal crash to the ground TinTin stares ahead and shouts out, "Yo, don't be messing."

Erica stands in the shadows, the crow perched on a drainpipe above her head, she is seething with rage you can see that in her eyes but there is also sadness and revenge.

Erica emerges from the shadows, illuminated by the soft glow of a fire in a bin, "TinTin." Her voice bounces off the walls.

"Hola mamma," TinTin eyes her up and down, "you know it ain't Halloween til tomorrow, right?" Sniggering, "You a day early for trick a treating." He makes sure she can see his knife, the blade shimmers in the glow of the fire.

Erica strides right upto him, "You think you're so all that." Afterwards she takes a few strides back, "hit me with your best shot."

TinTin rubs his hands in glee, "Crack head, junkie," taking one step back, "want you to meet some friends of mine," getting into position, "we never miss."

She rolls her eyes, "Keep it coming."

TinTin throws the first knife, Erica's hand strikes it, the knife hits the ground a few yards behind her.

His eyes flare, wondering how he could have missed. Taking his second knife he holds it before throwing it, aiming it at the stranger's heart.

Her left-hand swipes it, the knife clatters to the ground, Erica grins wildly, "One more."

Anger seethes within TinTin, he has never missed, until now, taking the third knife in his hand he kisses the knife edge aiming it at her head, taking a breath he hurls the knife.

Erica watches as the knife glides through the air aiming straight at her forehead. Both her hands come up from her sides catching the knife between her hands. The blade is less than a millimetre away from her face, "Nice try," throwing the knife behind her, she claps her hands three times, "sadly, you missed."

For the next ninety seconds an altercation between TinTin and Erica ensues, each giving as good as they get, TinTin knocks Erica off her feet, with a free arm he holds her down, "This time I won't miss." He snarls.

Before TinTin can react, Erica gets the knife out of his hand, spins him around and drives the knife into his shoulder. TinTin's face creases with pain, the knife blade embedded in the wall with TinTin firmly held by the blade.

"Tell me a story TinTin," driving the blade deeper into his shoulder and twisting it slightly, "a year ago you and your trash visited an apartment."

TinTin looks confused, "What apartment? You a crazy bitch lady."

His words only make Erica more determined, "Two young women, musicians and you and the rest of that shit destroyed them," her voice is low and dark, "their names were Erica and Shelby."

His eyes light up, knowing now what she is on about, "Oh those two," laughing darkly, "they loved each second of it." He spits in her face, "What's that gotta do with you?"

Erica begins to laugh manically, "Glad you think so," she plunges a knife deep into TinTin's airways, "I'm Erica."

She watches as the colour drains from his face, slowly he is choking on blood. Erica plunges knife after knife into TinTin, with each stab she feels slightly more content about her revenge.