Chapter 34

Erica is looking at Shelby's headstone, she holds flowers close to her chest, extending her left arm she reaches out and gently touches the stone, a tear cascades down her cheek.

Inside the church near the altar Sarah's voice cries out, "Erica."

The crow hears the cry of help, Erica then see's what the crow see's - Sarah being held by someone, the door is partially open, Sarah screams out, "Erica, help me," slight pause, "please."

Erica is kneeling on Shelby's grave still holding the flowers, she shudders and looks around. She stands up drops the flowers and starts running.

The rain pours down as a storm erupts over the church (or so it seems), lightning streaks the sky.

Erica pushes open the doors of the church with a look of fury on her face. The wild wind is whipping her wet hair around as she walks further into the church.

Her eyes look all around the church as the crow flies in. The church seems empty and her footsteps echo in the dusty abandoned church.

Jonah is getting ready to shoot the crow.

The crow lands near Erica, both of them sense impending danger.

Jonah fires one shot, it hits the crow which falls off the seat onto the floor, screeching.

Top dollar walks out from the shadows and Erica eyes him warily.

Erica speaks first, "Give me the girl and I'll let you walk out of here." Her voice echoes danger.

Top dollar folds his arms, "Give me a minute to think about that." He turns his back on Erica.

The crow is struggling on the floor.

Top dollar replies, "Nah, fuck it." Turns around and shoots Erica in the shoulder.

Erica's hand reaches towards her shoulder, her fingers prod the wound, she looks, open eyed as she see's blood, pain starts racing through her, "Ah fuck." Her voice trembles as she falls onto the steps of the altar.